Insomniac Games is looking to hire its next Senior Community Manager, they'll be responsible for developing and creating the connection between the community team and the Insomniac Games development team. The Senior Community Manager builds the strategy and program for the studio to directly interface with the community responding to their requests, keeping them updated on information and progress through various media and social channels. Specifically manages game and studio social communications and player interactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision of Community Director, creates, develops and executes the Community Strategy for involving and engaging the community, including content and in-game and outside-of-game events
- Identifies, develops and manages content / community KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to prove success of community content and initiatives
- Leads player-facing communication as a spokesperson for games, the dev team, and Insomniac Games, including active involvement on social media, discord, Reddit and other forums
- Works with the Community Director and PlayStation teams, to vet communication plans through a player-perspective, as well as suggests additional and complementary tactics.
- Authors and develops high-quality social content that fits within the Community Strategy, including but not limited to social copy, blogs, announcements, GIFs, memes, short videos, podcasts or live streams
- Acts as the community’s voice and advocate within the development team, and helps the Community Engagement and Product Marketing Lead ensure that Insomniac is listening to and reacting appropriately to player feedback
- Experienced in looking through “the noise” to distill actionable community feedback, and present that feedback along with additional strategy as needed
- Be the community expert on the team, able to help the team decide what is most important to players and help in brainstorming and creating assets that appeal to our fanbase
- Able to independently and rapidly respond to game issues, crisis situations, as well as competition and social opportunities in the moment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, and capable of writing in a voice that properly reflects Insomniac’s and each individual game’s tone. Ability to quickly draft and edit large amounts of copy
- Travel to events to act as studio spokesperson at events and in media interviews, as warranted
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job may involve mentoring assistant community managers.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field; or eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of social media tools and analytics
- Ability to use Reddit/Discord
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of Zendesk and Devtrack/Jira is preferred
- Knowledge of desktop publishing procedures and software
- Photoshop Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, and HTML a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be able to present ideas clearly and work well within a large team environment
- Solid organizational skills in order to manage and track issues and follow-up with appropriate responses
- Strong time management skills with an ability to determine priority for issues
- Reliable decision-making skills and the ability to use sound judgement
This position does require travel to represent the studio at industry events both locally and nationally, within safe guidelines. Reliable transportation is required.
If this is the role you have been looking for- we look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your application below.