We are looking for an experienced Lead Engine Programmer that has the passion for designing, implementing and maintaining game engine systems and tools to join our team. The Lead Engine Programmer will be responsible for leading the core development of our engine code as well as architecting vital critical game engine technology If this sounds like you, please read on!
- Designs and develops game engine technology based on direction or feedback from team leads or directors
- Designs and implements efficient low-level systems to support higher-level pipelines
- Designs and implements tools that facilitate content creators in developing game assets
- Maintains and updates existing systems for increased functionality, memory efficiency, and performance
- Develops familiarity with hardware details of specific game platforms, their capabilities and performance bottlenecks
- Works independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
- Investigates existing code for optimization opportunities
- Documents technical implementation details
- Works with production teams to analyze and address development challenges
- Educates production teams on technology and engine functionality
- Responds to bugs and feature requests related to engine code
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs
- Maintains current knowledge of technological developments and advancements in the game industry
- Contributes innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game development
- Oversees or participates in design and implementation of systems within areas of concentration
- Advises and mentors other programmers across the studio
- Assists other Programmers with all technical questions
- Independently recognizes opportunities to improve games, tools, engine or general workflow, and seek to make these changes
- Collaborates with project management to maintain a schedule that meets project goals and deadlines, maintains a sustainable workload and integrates well with other department schedules
- Collaborates with other Engine leads to foster a positive work environment
- Works proactively with directors to identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles, and help to create solutions
- Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace, are address immediately to foster a safe work environment
- Other duties may be assigned
- Directly supervises programming team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; resolving problems together with Director, Core. Facilitates career development of group members.
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or ten plus years of professional experience or training, or an equivalent amount of education and experience
- Solid working knowledge of all technical aspects of game development facilitating the leadership of programmers outside of core expertise
- Proficiency with linear algebra and general 3D mathematics
If this sound like the opportunity that you have been looking for - we want to hear from you. Please use the link below and apply directly to the role.