If organization is your skill – then we would like to hear from you! Insomniac Games is looking for a Lead Project Manager to lead the development and production of specific projects. Ensures on time delivery at the highest level of quality through strategic planning and team leadership. Responsible for ensuring title ships on time, within budget, and at the highest level of excellence through leadership, planning, problem solving, and decision making. Manages the production aspects of development cycles from inception to release by overseeing production and project management staff and contractors. Accountable for defining project scope and delivery schedules, planning technologies, and ensuring sufficient production resource allocation. Collaborates with project leadership, Project Managers, and publisher project leads by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervises the title’s Project Management team.
- Directs the creation, modification, and execution of macro schedules across the entire project. Ensures all deadlines are met in relation to project objectives and scope. Anticipates scheduling overruns and initiates actions to resolve them.
- Creates, maintains, and reviews milestone deliverable documentation, collaborating with the publisher, project leadership, and Project Managers to coordinate goals across diverse disciplines to project completion.
- Acts as the studio liaison with publisher production staff, which includes negotiating and communicating project updates and schedule changes with publisher, while fostering a collaborative production environment.
- Collaborates with project leadership to ensure appropriate staffing to meet budget and project goals.
- Drives efficiency in overall game development. Monitors and modifies the product development processes for assigned titles. Resolves resource and technology conflicts. Ensures organizational cohesiveness toward project objectives in conjunction with production leadership.
- Works alongside the Director of Project Management to create, institute, and evangelize new production methods amongst the rest of the Project Management staff and studio leadership.
- Anticipates and solves problems independently and collaboratively. Develops collaborative relationships across all departments.
- Coordinates project changes with Creative Director(s) or project leadership and ensures all updates are communicated to the rest of the development team. Communicates project developments and changes with publisher, executive team, and project leadership through regular, proactive updates.
- Maintains a constant awareness of game content status and quality levels through regular play sessions. Evaluates project scope and makes recommendations to Creative Director, and Director of Project Management.
- Collaborates with Creative Director(s) to decide content for demos.
- Approves the re-prioritization of bugs during deadlines.
- Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace, are address immediately to foster a safe work environment
- Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position is responsible for direct supervision of the projects project management team and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include participation in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems as well as mentoring more junior members of the Project Management team.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Participation as a Project Manager in the completion of one full game cycle is required.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of bug tracking database(s) is required- DevTrack, TFS, Jira or other industry standard.
- Working knowledge of version control software- Perforce is preferred.
If this is the opportunity that you have been looking for- we want to hear from you. Please use the link below and apply. Thanks!