Our Lead Gameplay programmers are responsible for leading a project’s gameplay team, perform technical management tasks, schedule maintenance, and support programming. We ask that good instincts for game design and fun and innovative gameplay are part of your skills that you bring. This role is responsible for final on-time delivery of all project gameplay programming at the highest quality possible within the constraints of budgets and timelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develops and maintains master list of feature and systems programming tasks
- Works with Design and other departments to develop project goals
- Works with Project Management to develop and enforce a gameplay programming schedule that meets project goals and deadlines, maintains a sustainable workload for the programming team, and integrates well with other department schedules
- Communicates technical requirements or limitations to other departments; provide technical, scheduling, and creative feedback on game features throughout development
- Makes high-level technical decisions for the project, working with other technical leads to balance project needs with long-term technical direction
- Contributes directly to project programming effort
- Regularly meets with and mentors team members, providing constructive feedback and development goals and writes performance reviews for team members
- Creates a positive work environment, maintaining high morale, open communication, and team identity; keeps team informed of overall team and project direction
- Assigns programming tasks and monitors progress; evaluates quality of deliverables and development practices; takes corrective action if schedule or quality goals are not met
- Maintains development pipeline between Core programming team and feature programming team
- Works with other technical leads to identify and address global technical issues and contribute to defining a long-term technical vision
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises programming team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s Degree (M.A), or seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, and a proven track record with shipped titles.
- Understanding of procedural and object-oriented programming paradigms.
- Adaptive coding style
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Visual Studio experience, JSON, and Maya experience a plus.
- Familiarity in assembly level programming a plus.
Other Skills: Dedication towards individual and team growth. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment. Must be flexible with schedule changes and shifting timetables. Needs to be able to work independently and efficiently and can multitask several time intensive tasks at once.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please apply. We look forward to seeing your application. Thanks!