Insomniac Games is looking for a Senior Art Manager to join our team! This individual will be responsible for logistical problem solving, planning, and execution of the Art department within a given project. The Senior Art Manager will supervise a team of managers and provide strategy and leadership to this group. This role will also look after the well-being of the art team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manages Art leads and evaluates schedules and deliverables for a specific project
- Evangelizes tools and workflow improvements for project
- Evaluates leads’ objectives and goals, and ensures that department goals are being met
- Work with Department Head and other Senior Managers to determine best practices and guide leads in their implementation across all art groups within a given project
- Builds and maintains relationships with peers and other senior leaders to align project and departmental priorities
- Evaluates schedules in conjunction with project management, ensures that teams deliver against project goals and pillars
- Assists in pre-production planning through resource allocation and staffing
- Responsible for developing project budget in coordination with Department Head and Executives
- Plays game in development to ensure that operational goals are meeting or exceeding quality bar
- Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace are addressed immediately to foster a safe work environment
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises a team of managers across multiple studio locations and is responsible for carrying out duties in accordance with the studio's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: 12+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technical Skills: Advanced Maya, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, Perforce, and ZBrush (or equivalent) user, Microsoft Office 365. Ability to adapt to new tools quickly.
- Large team leadership, with experience navigating multiple simultaneous projects and reports.
- Creative collaboration and problem solving, with an understanding that often it is appropriate to defer to the expertise of specialists.
- Demonstrated high-level business, strategic and contemporary management skills and oriented both towards the big picture and operational detail.
- Effective time management, with the ability to delegate tasks and focus on larger issues while monitoring critical smaller details.
- A strong critical eye for detail and the ability to communicate effectively with the team to resolve issues.
- Communication with both large groups and individuals, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Deadline-oriented approach, with the ability to get results even in difficult situations.
- A leadership style that is marked by personal visibility, open communication, relationship building, collegiality, and teamwork.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the poise and the ability to relate effectively to others at all levels, state a point of view, and advocate for a position within a strong and assertive senior executive group.
- High level oral and written communication skills and a professional demeanor.
Does this sound like you? Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We look forward to reviewing your submission!