Chief of Staff
Insider is looking for an enthusiastic Chief of Staff who will be the right-hand person to the President and a trusted member of our team. The Chief of Staff will join Insider at an exciting period of the company’s growth and evolution. From day one, their mission is to help Insider run as effectively as possible and turn ideas into action to help Insider meet its goal to become the most beloved journalism brand for enterprising people.
The Chief of Staff is a critical member of the team. Their number one priority is driving efficiency for the President. They are responsible for the planning and coordination of both operational and administrative activities, in close partnership with the President's EA. They will turn strategy and ideas into actionable plans and manage stakeholders to achieve them. They will build important relationships across the company to break down silos and align teams. The ideal candidate is proactive, always looking for opportunities for Insider to run more effectively and operating with a tremendous degree of autonomy.
Please note: This role is based out of our New York City headquarters and while it offers some flexibility with remote work, the CoS is expected to be in the NYC office most days.
Insider is one of the world’s most popular and influential media brands. Launched in 2007 as Business Insider, Insider generates more than 250 million unique monthly visitors across the globe and has hundreds of millions of video views each month. Insider has 14 editions around the world in seven languages.
The person in this role will:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the President, handling inquiries, developing action plans, assisting with preparation and dissemination of communications, and making recommendations.
- Prepare briefs, agendas, and presentations on a variety of topics for various audiences.
- Own project and program management for key initiatives, ensuring follow-up, ownership, and clarity.
- Help strategic ideas take root and provide early facilitation and support to implement initiatives.
- Facilitate work between executives for company-wide strategy and planning.
- Become highly knowledgeable about the businesses (advertising, subscriptions, commerce, partnerships, etc.), priorities, strategy, and operations of our global organization.
- Build connections across all leaders of the organization, communications planning, training, and stakeholder management.
- Coordinate and program important meetings and all hands, including Insider’s biweekly company-wide townhalls.
- Work closely with the President’s EA to improve the efficiency and ensure the best use of time, including prioritizing projects and preparation for meetings.
- Other responsibilities include various admin tasks, including putting together meeting notes and agendas, greeting VIPs, and helping with operations for in-person events.
- Projects and responsibilities will be wide and varied and will evolve over time as new priorities and business needs emerge.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a knack for taking in a lot of information and identifying the most important points.
- Be highly organized, responsible, and consistent. Turn ideas into action with impeccable follow-up and perseverance.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have excellent partnership, collaboration, and people skills.
- Have a “make things happen” mindset, spotting opportunities for Insider to improve and taking action to make that improvement happen.
Salary & Benefits:
Insider offers competitive compensation packages and generous benefits, including unlimited vacation, a generous family leave policy, 401K match, remote-friendly culture, and other great perks. The base salary for this role ranges from $150k - $250k, plus an additional variable compensation package. Salary for the role is commensurate with experience and depends on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and may fall outside of the range shown.
This role is based out of our New York City headquarters and while it offers some flexibility with remote work, the CoS is expected to be in the NYC office most days.
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for? We still want to hear from you! Apply online and let us know why you would make a great addition to the Insider community.
About Us: Insider Inc. is the global media company behind Insider and an ever-growing family of brands. Our mission is to inform and inspire the digital generation and become the most influential journalism brand in the world. We reach an audience of more than 375 million users with our stories, which command attention and inspire action.
Our core value is effectiveness. We make things happen. We listen to each other, learn from each other, and take risks together. We understand that a diverse set of perspectives and an inclusive environment are critical to our success. All of this helps us get better every day. Check out our mission, values, and culture page to learn more.
Insider Inc supports a distributed workforce that allows for varied work locations. Many roles are eligible for 100% remote or hybrid remote/office work unless otherwise noted.