Insider is hiring a paid editorial fellow to write about the economy.
This fellow will write about topics including unemployment, taxes, the labor market, and broad economic policy, as well as stories of how Americans experience the economy. They will cover everything from breaking news developments in Washington to in-depth reporting explaining the latest economic-policy trends. They will spend their time doing meaningful work: researching, writing, pitching and covering breaking news.
All our editorial fellows should have:
- A passion for digital storytelling and voracious reading habits
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
- Proofreading and copyediting skills
Additionally, for the economic policy fellow, we’re looking for someone with the following:
- A keen eye for important and timely policy developments and how they impact average Americans
- The ability to break down complex economic and political topics and explain them clearly and in a conversational tone
- A broad knowledge base spanning both the political and economic spheres
- A fundamental understanding of how the economy works, and the tools the government employs to exert influence
- An understanding of how adjustments or proposed changes in economic policy flow through to various levels of government, and eventually on to Main Street
The Insider Fellowship Program is for early career journalists who want to spend six months learning from a newsroom full of passionate, dedicated journalists. Fellows are assigned to teams and become experts in digital storytelling. They produce real work that is distributed to our audience of millions, and by the end of six months, they are prepared for the next phase of their journalism careers.
- Fellows are paid $20 per hour (overtime when needed and approved)
- PTO and paid holidays
- Eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits on 91st day of employment
For more information on the Insider Fellowship Program, visit: https://www.insider-inc.com/careers/fellowship-program.
If you’d like some tips on what makes a great resume and cover letter, check out our best practices guide here: https://www.businessinsider.com/why-this-is-an-excellent-resume-2013-11.
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for? We still want to hear from you! Apply online and let us know why you would make a great addition to the Insider community.
About Us: Insider Inc. is the global media company behind Insider and an ever-growing family of brands. Our mission is to inform and inspire the digital generation and become the most influential journalism brand in the world. We reach an audience of more than 375 million users with our stories, which command attention and inspire action.
Our core value is effectiveness. We make things happen. We listen to each other, learn from each other, and take risks together. We understand that a diverse set of perspectives and an inclusive environment are critical to our success. All of this helps us get better every day. Check out our mission, values, and culture page to learn more.
Insider Inc supports a distributed workforce that allows for varied work locations. Many roles are eligible for 100% remote or hybrid remote/office work unless otherwise noted.