The Global Ad Strategy, Planning & Yield team develops holistic solutions for advertisers (programmatic/direct) both on and off Insider properties with our assets and capabilities in creative, content, media, and data
As part of Global Ad Strategy, Planning, and Yield Department (GASPY), the Media Planning and Strategy team works across all advertising campaigns, mainly during the pre-sales phase; acts as the strategic arm of the Revenue Team – delivering smart products, pricing, budgeting solutions, and partnership contracts/agreements for sales opportunities to enhance Insider’s competitive standing in the industry and drive revenue.
The Senior Specialist Media Planning and Strategy will take our clients’ KPIs and create efficient, high-quality, and winning proposals for our enterprise-level clients (Direct & Programmatic).
The Specialist will use their in-depth product knowledge to develop strategic media plans and packages, to maximize revenue and profit across all monetizable platforms (desktop, mobile, video, audio, events, social, email, etc.).
This individual will work collaboratively across GASPY, Sales, Creative and Operations Teams within the Revenue Organization. They will embrace diverse thought processes and working styles with compassion, empathy, and care. This individual will be solutions-oriented and unafraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo
- Support day-to-day RFP/RFI requests, revision requests, and general inquiries for enterprise-level Direct and Programmatic clients
- Create marketable, actionable, and profitable media plans for enterprise-level Direct & Programmatic clients while factoring in client budget, target audience, KPIs, additional RFP requirements, and internal business objectives
- Advise cross-functional teams on proposal/product development and execution, using in-depth knowledge of product offerings, ad-serving and data capabilities to shape RFP strategy
- Work on innovative audience/thematic targeting solutions powered by SÁGA, Insider’s cutting edge 1st party data platform
- Forecast available inventory using Google Audience Manager to strategically structure media mix and ensure campaign delivery
- Oversee pre-sales proposal development for barter/pro-bono/house campaigns
- Review and approve Insertion Orders and OMS (Order Management System) entries for enterprise-level deals
- Collaborate with post-sales teams on campaign implementation, seeing through media plan development from start to finish
- Work alongside our Pricing, Packaging, and Yield team on RFP-specific pricing, inventory, and packaging requests
- Use a holistic understanding of Insider’s overall revenue model to assist the Management Team with the development, rollout, and utilization of new and innovative advertising-supported products and offerings (media, content, events, etc.) – helping to drive revenue, minimize hard costs and maximize overall company profitability
- Support junior Media Planning Strategists with proposal development, ensuring client objectives & KPIs are addressed, and final proposals are marketable, actionable, and profitable
Some other skills that would make a candidate successful in this role:
- Strong time management, meticulous attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking abilities, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Passion for digital marketing
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & Google Suite.
- Experience with Google Ad Manager / Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, Salesforce, data management platforms (DMPs), and order management systems (OMS) is a plus
- Direct/Programmatic digital media planning experience (publisher side is a plus)
- Open to and passionate about learning
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $80,000. - $95,000. (dependent on skills, experience, and competencies)
- Medical, health, and vision
- Unlimited PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave
- Matched 401k plan
- Additional benefits include commuter benefits, phone reimbursement, gym membership discounts, etc.
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for? We still want to hear from you! Apply online and let us know why you would make a great addition to the Insider community.
About Us: Insider Inc. is the global media company behind Insider and an ever-growing family of brands. Our mission is to inform and inspire the digital generation and become the most influential journalism brand in the world. We reach an audience of more than 375 million users with our stories, which command attention and inspire action.
Our core value is effectiveness. We make things happen. We listen to each other, learn from each other, and take risks together. We understand that a diverse set of perspectives and an inclusive environment are critical to our success. All of this helps us get better every day. Check out our mission, values, and culture page to learn more.
Insider Inc supports a distributed workforce that allows for varied work locations. Many roles are eligible for 100% remote or hybrid remote/office work unless otherwise noted.