AD - Vertical Sales: Healthcare, Pharma, Public Policy & Government
Insider, the influential global news brand, is looking for an experienced Account Director (Digital Ad Sales) to cover our growing market of Healthcare, Pharma, Public Policy & Government. This role will join Insider at an incredibly exciting period of the company’s growth and evolution, and will directly support and impact the aspirational goal of becoming one of the world's most beloved and influential media brands.
We are looking for an experienced, client facing, enthusiastic digital media expert capable of creating advertising solutions such as custom, content and data driven digital programs for Healthcare, Pharma, Public Policy & Government clients. Experience and existing relationships in these markets are a must.
An insatiable curiosity combined with the ability to translate abstract concepts and ideas into actionable marketing solutions is essential.
Candidates must be creative thinkers and passionate about storytelling, technology, media, and selling. Success will be highly dependent upon the candidate’s willingness to navigate named accounts, understand marketing strategies, position Insider’s products and ad solutions on their behalf, and close deals. As well as creating custom content solutions all candidates must have at least a cursory knowledge of programmatic ad selling.
The position, based in New York, reports directly to the VP of Vertical Sales based in New York.
The ideal candidate has:
- A Strong network. You have a strong record of collaborating with Healthcare, Pharma, Public Policy & Government clients from advertising clients across the industry.
- Digital media expertise. The role requires a sophisticated understanding of both creative custom packages and data-driven audience programs, and experience and ability to sell these across various geographic areas. A solid understanding of programmatic, both tech and sales sides of the business, is preferred.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serving as an “evangelist” for Insider internally and externally; clearly articulating the company’s unique value proposition in the context of a fragmented research marketplace
- Lead high-level relationships with key Healthcare, Pharma, Public Policy & Government clients and agencies
- Develop custom client solutions utilizing Insider Inc’s entire suite of products including Branded Content, Display, Video, Programmatic, Podcasts, Data and Live/Virtual Events.
- Create, maintain, and sustain relationships with media agencies, creative agencies, and clients directly while hitting quarterly sales targets.
- Work across multiple client and agency partners, i.e. branded content, video, digital and innovation teams, to deliver successful campaigns
- Coordinate effectively with Marketing, Client Services, Media Planning and Studios Teams to create successful ad campaigns.
- Focus on brand sell, educating and inspiring our Healthcare, Pharma, Public Policy & Government clients to use Insider Inc. to enhance their business
- Develop strategic account plans to achieve target revenue goals; hit or exceed these revenue goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the digital media industry
- Represent Insider Inc. at events, entertaining clients and serve as a brand ambassador
- Manage activity using salesforce.com
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $100,000. - $150,000. (dependent on skills, experience, and competencies)
- Medical, health, and vision
- Unlimited PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave
- Matched 401k plan
- Additional benefits include commuter benefits, phone reimbursement, gym membership discounts, etc.
Salary for the role is commensurate with experience and depends on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and may fall outside of the range shown.
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for? We still want to hear from you! Apply online and let us know why you would make a great addition to the Insider community.
About Us: Insider Inc. is the global media company behind Insider and an ever-growing family of brands. Our mission is to inform and inspire the digital generation and become the most influential journalism brand in the world. We reach an audience of more than 375 million users with our stories, which command attention and inspire action.
Our core value is effectiveness. We make things happen. We listen to each other, learn from each other, and take risks together. We understand that a diverse set of perspectives and an inclusive environment are critical to our success. All of this helps us get better every day. Check out our mission, values, and culture page to learn more.
Insider Inc supports a distributed workforce that allows for varied work locations. Many roles are eligible for 100% remote or hybrid remote/office work unless otherwise noted.