Insider Inc. is hiring a Business Features Editor to lead a new team focused on memorable, impactful, and entertaining reporting that puts readers inside the world’s biggest and most interesting companies. This is a full-time position based in the United States with flexibility on work location. We have several offices in the U.S., including our headquarters in NYC, and we are also open to hybrid and remote work.
The features we like best would fit on the front cover of a business magazine while driving the conversation online. Some respond to the news of the hour, answering questions like: ‘What the hell just happened?’ Others start a news cycle of their own. They break news and pull the reader through from the first word to the last. They win awards.
Examples of the kinds of stories this editor might work on include:
- A report on misconduct at Microsoft that resulted in the resignation of two top executives
- An inside look at the culture created by a star investment manager at Morgan Stanley
- A review of the first two years of the Nike CEO’s tenure
- An examination of Disney’s CEO succession
- A profile of the cofounder of elite law firm Boies Schiller
This editor will be charged with elevating the writing and presentation of our features.
They will work with a small group of dedicated senior writers, with the potential to hire more. They will also have access to more than 200 journalists across Insider’s global business newsroom. They will report to Matt Turner, editor-in-chief for Insider’s business division.
The person in this position is flexible and able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced newsroom. They lean into using data as a tool to guide story selection. They’re motivated by the mission of delivering great reporting that readers will pay for.
The ideal candidate for this role should be someone who is open to feedback and wants to get better every day.
They will also have:
- Flexibility assigning news-driven features across the newsroom while also driving medium and longer-term reporting that makes news.
- Interest in working closely with other features editors across the Insider newsroom and helping strengthen the infrastructure we've created to support our top-tier, magazine-style journalism, from first-class illustration to robust legal counsel to independent fact-checking.
- Excitement about the opportunity to work with and add to a talented, dynamic, and diverse newsroom.
- Experience and enjoyment guiding reporters at different experience levels through bigger stories. This is an excellent opportunity to help develop a new generation of writers.
The salary range for this position is $150,000-$220,000. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, and may fall outside of the range shown. Insider offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage, and a broad range of other benefits.
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for? We still want to hear from you! Apply online and let us know why you would make a great addition to the Insider community.
About Us: Insider Inc. is the global media company behind Insider and an ever-growing family of brands. Our mission is to inform and inspire the digital generation and become the most influential journalism brand in the world. We reach an audience of more than 375 million users with our stories, which command attention and inspire action.
Our core value is effectiveness. We make things happen. We listen to each other, learn from each other, and take risks together. We understand that a diverse set of perspectives and an inclusive environment are critical to our success. All of this helps us get better every day. Check out our mission, values, and culture page to learn more.
Insider Inc supports a distributed workforce that allows for varied work locations. Many roles are eligible for 100% remote or hybrid remote/office work unless otherwise noted.