About the Role:
Inscopix has placed 1,000+ brain mapping systems in over 600 neuroscience laboratories, which has resulted in breakthroughs in the research of the brain circuits of memory, cognition, motor control, and sensory processes. As a result of our growth we are expanding our commercial team and are seeking a Sales Representative to lead our field sales efforts in the Midwest area specifically Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota) and Colorado. In this role, you will focus on placing the Inscopix breakthrough technologies, including the nVista, nVoke and nVue miniscope hardware and software platforms, in laboratories spanning basic research to pharmaceutical companies. You will identify and close new business opportunities in accounts and institutions that have not previously adopted our platforms and also grow revenues in our existing accounts by selling system upgrades and additional systems. If you have an aptitude for developing relationships in the life sciences field or experience in neuroscience research, this role could be the right opportunity for you.
- Prospect, qualify and generate sales by researching and identifying target customer labs. You’ll pursue sales prospects by providing on-site sales presentations, video conference presentations, technical consultations and evaluations of scientific fit
- Close sales and achieve annual sales quotas for nVista, nVoke and nVue system packages, Inscopix Care warranties, software and consumables in your territory.
- Provide a consultative sales approach by demonstrating the capabilities of our platforms and connecting these capabilities to impact on customers’ scientific aims
- Work closely with the product and support teams (Field Scientist Consultants and in-house Application Science team) to address customer inquiries, provide accurate technical information, and manage and grow our existing accounts
- Maintain accurate sales pipeline in Salesforce, tracking progression of opportunities, creation of opportunities, closure of opportunities
- Analyze key metrics surrounding progression of sales opportunities to optimize sales cycle and value propositions
- Craft and execute sales strategies to drive growth, including but not limited to seminars, application specific campaigns, funding-driven campaigns
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills by achieving sales activity metrics that will predict success
- Represent Inscopix at scientific meetings and conferences
- Remain knowledgeable and current on changes and developments in the neuroscience community
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science, Biomedical Engineering or similar area, preferably with Neuroscience research background.
- Minimum of 1 years of commercial experience in either sales, marketing or related field
- Demonstrated ability to achieve quota through planning, leading and implementing sales strategies both independently and with support from others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work directly with all levels of the organization as well as with customers.
- Strong listening and presentation skills.
- Salesforce: familiar with managing lead, account, contact, and opportunity records as well as generating reports
- Thrives in a team environment and enjoys a collaborative culture
- Moderate travel (up to 50%) for site visits and conferences
- Home-based position in Illinois, Colorado, Minneapolis, and Madison that is served by a major airport is preferred. Other Midwest locations may be considered. Please explain in your application.
- COVD-19 vaccination required