About the Role:
We are looking for a Buyer/Planner with outstanding communication, time-management skills, and a superior knowledge of Purchasing and Planning. The Buyer/Planner has the primary responsibility of providing material availability by issuing and controlling purchase orders and coordinating material requirements to ensure continuity of supply timed to meet production requirements in a global work environment.
- Manage the purchasing cycle, including generating requisitions, PO creation, PO follow-up, goods reception, and final payment for assigned segment and sites.
- Establish specifications in terms of optimal quantity to purchase, the quality required and the cost impact to the production plan, demonstrating the ability to identify critical parts or critical Suppliers that may require more focus.
- Participates in contract negotiation strategy and development.
- Determine departmental inventory management strategies and objectives across segments and sites.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of production material as required by the forecast and the production schedule.
- Monitor status of the open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication and mitigation of future potential problems.
- Actively monitor supplier performance to measure, record, and provide feedback on supplier performance.
- Expedite or defer Purchase orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes.
- Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality problems with suppliers.
- Negotiate at order level using standard negotiating techniques. (e.g. Purchase order terms and conditions, delivery dates, payments terms, inventory, specifications, quality).
- Negotiate at actual and at forecast demand level e.g. future buy volume, rebates, price breaks."
- Manage large to moderate number of non-strategic and strategic supplier with parts of medium complexity to low complexity parts.
- Supports strategic suppliers, performs basic supplier market research, participates in and may lead some routine supplier meetings.
- Tracks and communicates the performance of supplier Scorecard/ Delivery versus established KPIs.
- Communicates (and escalates as required), operational issues and works collaboratively to identify solutions."
- Leverage system (Fishbowl) to ensure timely and accurate execution throughout the year, managing metrics to track overall success and effectiveness of segment performance.
- Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation, material lead times and company objectives.
- Accurately identify risks that affect supply, transformation, delivery, and customer demand.
- Coordinate material flows throughout product/BOM changes, obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials due to new product development.
- Manage the inter-company flow or materials between warehouse locations.
- Support all supply chain tasks of the Material Review Board (MRB) process.
- Maintain material master system planning parameters (MOQ, lead time, safety stocks).
- Participate in cross-functional teams to find new sources, execute supplier selections and maximize our negotiation effectiveness.
- Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within the immediate work area.
- Ensure and promote compliance to Company and Procurement policies and procedures.
What We’re Looking for:
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Business, Logistics or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a buyer/planner/material scheduler role working for a direct manufacturer - Required
- Demonstrated knowledge of forecasting, MRP, supply chain, inventory management and purchasing disciplines
- Proficient with MS Office suite – advanced skills with MS Excel
- Experience establishing and employing demand-pull material planning methods
- Certificate in CPIM or CSCP is a bonus but not required.
- Someone that is COVID-19 vaccinated. This role requires being on-site and will have access to scientific material and lab. We therefore require the person in this role to be COVID-19 vaccinated.
This position is based in Mountain View, CA and will require being on-site 3 days per week. The hours of time in the office are flexible but most of the hours should be common daytime hours.
Inscopix is committed to diversity and equitable compensation practices across our organization which includes an offer process that is comfortable, transparent and unbiased. Rather than candidates wondering if they should negotiate, we offer the highest salary we can based on our current salary bands, the employee’s ability to perform in their role, and their future team members compensation. Our salary bands crossover as you get to the higher end which is why we don’t offer the higher end to candidates and typically start candidates at the beginning of the band. The salary band for this role (based on the location posted and the level of candidate we’re anticipating hiring) is $85,000- $105,000.00. After you complete your initial interviews, we’ll share with you what you can expect from a potential offer and answer any questions you have regarding compensation. No question is off limits because we believe transparency leads to an enjoyable hiring experience for everyone involved.
Inscopix is a neurotechnology company developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our vision at Inscopix is to drive new treatments to dramatically improve the health and well-being of people suffering from debilitating brain and nervous system disorders. Inscopix’s flagship products, nVista™, nVoke™ and nVue™ systems, have been deployed in over 500 research institutions across the world resulting in over 200 top-tier scientific publications and empowering breakthroughs in Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, psychiatric disorders, chronic pain, and addiction. Based in Mountain View, the Inscopix team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, engineering, and data science. Advised and backed by industry luminaries and investors, Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer.
Inscopix welcomes and values diversity and we encourage candidates that are underrepresented in STEM fields to apply. Since our technology impact people of different backgrounds, thoughts and beliefs, we feel it’s critical to employ people that reflect the diversity of people our technology is set out to help. Employment decisions at Inscopix are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, ethnic or national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical or genetic history or any other protected status. Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.