About The Role:
Inscopix, a neurotechnology company, is expanding its products and services. Our team is looking for an organized and commercially minded Associate Product Manager to join us on this exciting journey and work on expanding our product portfolio and integrating new applications to miniscopes imaging during free behavior. As an Associate Product Manager, you will work with cross-functional teams to identify market opportunities, outline product requirements and enable the worldwide sales organization. This role will give you the opportunity to jump in right away and learn internal processes and best practices by fully owning a new product within our product line from its inception to its launch. You will also support a range of academic and private customers and empower them to make discoveries in brain health that could impact your future health or those you care about.
Here’s more about what you’ll do:
Product Management Strategy
- Own consumable roadmap and drive growth by identifying new product opportunities and product configurations
- Lead market research around consumables integrations with 3rd party devices with the support of our Senior Product Manager.
- Gather Voice of Customer through FSC team meetings and other insights. Work closely with development teams to share learnings into software product requirements.
- Present customer and industry insights to the internal team members and leaders to create visibility and open dialogue around product roadmap and opportunities.
- Collaborate with our R&D leaders on decisions for product features, optimal product configurations, pricing and product introductions through a Product Development Process.
- Draft product-related content to reinforce product positioning, and enable sales through materials & training.
- Act as product evangelist by communicating the product vision both internally and externally. This includes facilitating sales training and creating collateral for sales staff, speaking at industry events and owns online communications. Ensure product messaging is consistent across all channels.
- Participate in the development marketing plans for our products in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and drive demand for our product. This could include white papers, case studies, webinars, conferences, e.g. Measure impact of these efforts.
- We're looking for someone to bring experience in life science so that they have the knowledge to succeed in their role. That could show up in any of these backgrounds:
- Master’s degree in life sciences and 1+ year of experience as technical field support, or
- Ph.D. research experience with internships or experience in a non-academic environment.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and uses a consultative approach with customers and colleagues.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to present to others in a way that builds trust and positive relationships.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and the ability to influence across all levels of the organization
- Available for up to 10% business travel.
Other Job Details:
- This role is based in Mountain View, California. The position is hybrid with an expectation of onsite 1-3 days per week as needed. We’re flexible on the hours in the office and what this looks like but we need this person to live local to the area.
- During the pandemic, we required COVID-19 vaccinations of all employees that are customer-facing or will be in the office. While we’re unsure if we’ll keep this policy long-term, we have kept this requirement for now.
Inscopix is committed to diversity and equitable compensation practices across our organization which includes an offer process that is comfortable, transparent and unbiased. Rather than candidates wondering if they should negotiate, we offer the highest salary we can based on our current salary bands, the employee’s ability to perform in their role, and their future team members compensation. Our salary bands crossover as you get to the higher end which is why we don’t offer the higher end to candidates and typically start candidates at the beginning of the band. The salary band for this role (based on the location posted and the level of candidate we’re anticipating hiring) is $98,000 - $120,0000. After you complete your initial interviews, we’ll share with you what you can expect from a potential offer and answer any questions you have regarding compensation. No question is off limits because we believe transparency leads to an enjoyable hiring experience for everyone involved.
Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer.
Inscopix welcomes and values diversity and we encourage candidates that are underrepresented in STEM fields to apply. Since our technology impacts people of different backgrounds, thoughts and beliefs, we feel it’s critical to employ people that reflect the diversity of people our technology is set out to help. Employment decisions at Inscopix are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, ethnic or national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical or genetic history or any other protected status. Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.