About the Role:
Our growth, success, and advancement in technological tools is resulting in hiring our first in house full time IT Support and Systems Administrator to help us have the best tools, systems and IT practices. From recommending the best ways for employees to interact in our hybrid environment to rolling out phishing scam training to partnering with our managers on their IT needs, you’ll be key to our company’s success. Of course you’ll be responsible for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of all hardware/software; but your role is much more than a back office IT person because IT touches every employee and product. You’ll approach our challenges with creative solutions and a positive “how can we make this work” mindset. Overall, you’ll have a huge impact on our technology roadmap and culture. If you enjoy implementing IT changes, providing IT support to employees, and want to use your technical skills to make brain health research faster and better, this could be the right role for you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide IT support to our employees with quick response times and closing support cases in a way that builds relationships and trust with our employees.
- Install, diagnose, and repair wired and wireless networks
- Install, configure, and maintain the appropriate software and hardware on all systems, including servers, computers, laptops, tablets, barcode scanners, printers, operating systems, other software, and necessary peripheral devicesSchedule and perform maintenance, upgrades and backups
- Plan and execute system improvements and technology upgrades
- Develop and communicate various policies and procedures in coordination with other departments.
- Develop new network troubleshooting strategies to decrease maintenance costs and reduce downtime.
- Work closely with other department Managers to assess the growth needs and maintenance of company’s IT infrastructure
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
What We’re Looking for:
- 5+ years of experience. Candidates with more years of experience are encouraged to apply; however, this person might not hire additional staff for a while and needs to be comfortable doing the tasks above themselves vs. outsourcing. Also, if you don’t have all of the skills above, please still apply!
- Can support the following OS: Microsoft, Linux, Mac, G Suite, and Ubuntu
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Able to consider various cost factors when making budget decisions in technology.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation and managing the integrity of routers, servers, hubs and switches
- Start-up or small company experience (75 EE to 300 employees) is preferred so that you understand the resource limitations of a smaller company and can also recommend tools for that size. If you have experience at a different size company please apply
Location and Onsite Time:
Inscopix is a hybrid work environment. We have 40 people local to Mountain View and the rest are global. This person should be onsite 2-3 days a week which will include Town Hall meetings. We can be more flexible if someone is able to come on site in short notice.
Inscopix is a neurotechnology company developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our vision at Inscopix is to drive new treatments to dramatically improve the health and well-being of people suffering from debilitating brain and nervous system disorders. Inscopix’s flagship products, nVista™, nVoke™ and nVue™ systems, have been deployed in over 500 research institutions across the world resulting in over 200 top-tier scientific publications and empowering breakthroughs in Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, psychiatric disorders, chronic pain, and addiction. Based in Mountain View, the Inscopix team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, engineering, and data science. Advised and backed by industry luminaries and investors, Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer.
Inscopix welcomes and values diversity and we encourage candidates that are underrepresented in STEM fields to apply. Since our technology impact people of different backgrounds, thoughts and beliefs, we feel it’s critical to employ people that reflect the diversity of people our technology is set out to help. Employment decisions at Inscopix are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, ethnic or national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical or genetic history or any other protected status. Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.