About the Role:
Inscopix is building a next-generation platform for organizing, analyzing, and sharing neuroscience research data and we are seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our small-but-growing data product development team. As the usage and applications of our technology have grown, so has the need for products to enable managing, organizing, and applying analysis pipelines of neuroscience data at a large scale.
You will not only be working with a group of knowledgeable and humble developers, but also data engineers that architect cutting-edge algorithms and neuroscientists that design and use the tools to analyze data in collaborations with academia and industry. You’ll be solving highly unique UI/UX challenges with an emphasis on usability, discoverability, and extensibility.
The platform's frontend is a React application written in TypeScript that communicates with our backend through GraphQL (with assistance from Apollo Client) and REST APIs. We test with Jest, React Testing Library, and Cypress. Our backend tech stack consists of Django/Python, Postgres, and Postgraphile. We run our services in Kubernetes on AWS. While your role will focus on the frontend side of things, we are a close-knit development team and like to keep each other in the loop with what we’re doing across the stack. We have a lot of curiosity and willingness to learn on the team and help each other grow. We’re looking for someone that shares our enthusiasm for our collaborative team style and is open to offering their perspective and expanding their expertise.
If you have a passion for writing performant, maintainable, and reusable code, enjoy implementing intuitive, user-focused experiences, and are excited by the prospect of working within a small multidisciplinary team that ranges from computational neuroscientists to site reliability engineers, we’d love to talk to you!
What you will be doing:
- Collaborating within a talented cross-functional team to push the envelope on what’s possible in neuroscience research, creating novel and innovative solutions to problems of managing, visualizing, and analyzing multimodal scientific data
- Contributing to the development of our new cloud-based platform, transforming proposed interfaces and requirements into functional interfaces and solutions in a React-based frontend application
- Taking ownership of complex projects and assisting in the scoping and planning of roadmap features
- Building UI components in a reusable and maintainable fashion, with integration and end-to-end test coverage
- Actively sharing your knowledge and experience with the rest of the team, as well as learning from others through deep dives and collaborations
- Maintaining high standards of code quality by relentlessly advocating for best practices, participating in the team’s review process, and helping drive our recurring quality-focused sprints
What we’re looking for:
- Interest and experience coaching, mentoring and leading others.
- Exposure to modern testing frameworks
- Exposure to GraphQL
- Good knowledge about software design patterns and architecture
- Focus on UX for both beauty and functionality in products that you design
- Understanding of Agile development best practice
- Passion for learning and expanding your expertise
- Good communication and enthusiastic about sharing knowledge and experience
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Apollo Client
- Experience with Python/Django
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with implementing real-time (e.g. websockets, polling, etc.) web apps
- Maintainer of open-source projects or packages
Inscopix is a neurotechnology company developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our vision at Inscopix is to drive new treatments to dramatically improve the health and well-being of people suffering from debilitating brain and nervous system disorders. Inscopix’s flagship products, nVista and nVoke, have been deployed in over 400 research institutions across the world resulting in over 85 top-tier scientific publications and empowering breakthroughs in Alzheimers, Parkinson’s, psychiatric disorders, chronic pain, and addiction. Based in Palo Alto, the Inscopix team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, engineering, and data science. Advised and backed by industry luminaries and investors, Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer.
Inscopix welcomes and values diversity. Since our technology impacts people of different backgrounds, thoughts and beliefs, we feel it’s critical to employ people that reflect that diversity. Employment decisions at Inscopix are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, ethnic or national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical or genetic history or any other protected status. Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.