About the Role:
Inscopix, a growing neurotechnology company that is part of Bruker Nano, is hiring a Translational Neuroscience Research Associate to work on groundbreaking brain science and using technology to enable breakthrough innovations in neurotherapeutics research. As a Translational Neuroscience Research Associate, you will be a key member of the Science team and involved in testing and using the newest approaches and tools for deciphering the detailed neural circuitry of the brain in freely behaving animals.
You will develop methods and conduct testing required to validate commercial products, develop new applications for Inscopix technologies, and support our customers in academia and pharma/biotech. What’s exciting about this role is your work can directly contribute to the advancement of the next generation precision therapeutics for disorders of the central nervous system. You will have the unique opportunity to work and thrive in an interdisciplinary and team-based environment working closely with accomplished neuroscientists, computational researchers and engineers.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Conduct all aspects of research studies including experimental planning and design, stereotaxic viral injections and GRIN lens implant surgeries, data acquisition (e.g. in-vivo miniscope imaging of calcium and neurotransmitter dynamics during behavior, as well as optogenetic manipulations) and post-mortem assessments
- Perform data processing and documentation of all experimental results
- Manage animal colonies and necessary equipment/supplies to perform research studies
- Interact with therapeutic research teams both within Inscopix and externally
Skills we’re looking for:
- BS or MS in Neuroscience or in a related field, with at least 2 years of lab-based experience
- Excellent surgical skills, including evidence of precise stereotaxic technique
- Extensive experience with rodent handling and behavioral assays
- Proficient with post-mortem tissue processing and immunohistochemistry
- Experience maintaining inventory and ordering lab supplies
- Detailed-Oriented - knows how to develop detailed plans and then execute on those plans
- Priority-Minded - can identify and execute on the most important issues
- Sense of Urgency - know when to act quickly to proactively solve problems
Location and Other Requirements:
Inscopix is based in Mountain View, CA. Our lab is based at NASA Ames facility which is also in Mountain View. This role is expected to be in the lab or office full-time. We will assist with some relocation expenses if not based in Mountain View.
Since this role is based in our lab and they have a COVID-19 vaccination requirement, you will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Inscopix is a neurotechnology company developing a platform and full analysis technology stack for real-time visualization of the brain in action at high resolution (individual cells). Our vision at Inscopix is to drive new treatments to dramatically improve the health and well-being of people suffering from debilitating brain and nervous system disorders. Inscopix’s flagship products, nVista and nVoke, have been deployed in over 400 research institutions across the world resulting in over 100 top-tier scientific publications and empowering breakthroughs in Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, psychiatric disorders, chronic pain, and addiction. Based in Mountain View, CA, the Inscopix team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, engineering, and data science. Advised and backed by industry luminaries and investors, Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies. Recently, Inscopix joined Bruker Nano to accelerate the widespread use of its brain imaging technologies for neuroscience breakthroughs.
Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer.
Inscopix welcomes and values diversity and we encourage candidates that are underrepresented in STEM fields to apply. Since our technology impacts people of different backgrounds, thoughts and beliefs, we feel it’s critical to employ people that reflect the diversity of people our technology is set out to help. Employment decisions at Inscopix are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, ethnic or national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical or genetic history or any other protected status. Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Inscopix is committed to diversity and equitable compensation practices across our organization which includes an offer process that is comfortable, transparent and unbiased. Rather than candidates wondering if they should negotiate, we offer the highest salary we can based on our current salary bands, the employee’s ability to perform in their role, and their future team members compensation. Our salary bands crossover as you get to the higher end which is why we don’t offer the higher end to candidates and typically start candidates at the beginning of the band. The full salary band for this role (based on the location posted and the level of candidate we’re anticipating hiring) is $74,000 - $92,000. After you complete your initial interviews, we’ll share with you what you can expect from a potential offer and answer any questions you have regarding compensation. No question is off limits because we believe transparency leads to an enjoyable hiring experience for everyone involved.