The data product team at Inscopix is looking for a DevOps Engineer to work on a new AWS-hosted cloud-based platform for organizing, analyzing, and visualizing neuroscience research data. This is an opportunity to help establish the productizatization and DevOps practices of a core, customer facing data platform. We’re looking for someone who works well on a small team, is passionate about building effective and elegant products, and would relish an opportunity to directly enable and empower high throughput neuroscience research.
What you will be doing:
- Create and maintain cloud-based infrastructure to drive our data organization and analysis platform. Participate in system design discussions and take leadership on cloud infrastructure improvements.
- Work with software engineers to design and streamline build processes and release management via continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
- Implement monitoring, alerting, and disaster recovery mechanisms to ensure service uptime.
- Assist in risk analysis and security best practices.
- Advocate for modern engineering and DevOps best practices
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer working with AWS services
- Experience scaling backend systems and cloud infrastructure at a small start-up.
- Experience implementing large scale data stacks using cloud managed and/or serverless architectures.
- Exposure to Terraform, Python, and relational databases.
Technology we’re using:
- AWS Services
- Landing Zone
- CodeBuild and CodeDeploy
- Django / Python
- Postgraphile / GraphQL
- C++ (performant algorithms)
- React / TypeScript
- Apollo Client
- AWS Amplify
Inscopix is a neurotechnology company developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our vision at Inscopix is to drive new treatments to dramatically improve the health and well-being of people suffering from debilitating brain and nervous system disorders. Inscopix’s flagship products, nVista and nVoke, have been deployed in over 400 research institutions across the world resulting in over 85 top-tier scientific publications and empowering breakthroughs in Alzheimers, Parkinson’s, psychiatric disorders, chronic pain, and addiction. Based in Palo Alto, the Inscopix team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, engineering, and data science. Advised and backed by industry luminaries and investors, Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer.
Inscopix welcomes and values diversity. Since our technology impacts people of different backgrounds, thoughts and beliefs, we feel it’s critical to employ people that reflect that diversity. Employment decisions at Inscopix are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, ethnic or national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical or genetic history or any other protected status. Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.