Inscopix has developed a miniaturized, real-time, brain mapping platform - enabling radically new approaches to understanding the brain. The Company is not only advancing the mechanistic understanding of the brain at the level of neural circuits and networks, but also paving the way for incisive new insights into healthy brain function and next generation diagnostic treatments and therapeutics for brain disorders.
We are seeking a Software Engineering Intern to design and develop the next generation of neuro-imaging, processing and visualization software. You will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of neuroscientists, data scientists and engineers from software, mechanical, optical and electrical engineering fields to design and develop robust, high-performance video processing and visualization applications. You will also work closely with product management to translate functional requirements into production software.
NOTE : This is an ONSITE position based in Palo Alto, CA. Candidates from SF Bay Area universities may work in flexible full/part time capacity.
- Develop new features for neuro-imaging application in C++ on the embedded Linux platform.
- Prototyping and documenting embedded applications/drivers for I2C/SPI devices.
- Develop production test suite software for hardware calibration and verification.
- Integration of production yield data with the AWS server and enabling real time monitoring.
- BS/MS/PhD Student in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Excellent C/C++ and Python programming skills.
- Understanding of embedded systems, operating systems and device drivers.
- Experience with gstreamer pipelines, plugins and applications.
- Reading scientific data and imaging formats such as RAW, compressed and TIFF.
- Familiarity integrating and creating REST APIs for the real time data.
- Practical knowledge of AWS and webserver deployment with database connectivity for real time production data acquisition and monitoring.
How to Apply:
Please forward cover letter and resume.
Inscopix is a neurotechnology company developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our vision at Inscopix is to drive new treatments to dramatically improve the health and well-being of people suffering from debilitating brain and nervous system disorders. Inscopix’s flagship products, nVista and nVoke, have been deployed in over 400 research institutions across the world resulting in over 100 top-tier scientific publications and empowering breakthroughs in Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, psychiatric disorders, chronic pain, and addiction. Based in Palo Alto, the Inscopix team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, engineering, and data science. Advised and backed by industry luminaries and investors, Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer.
Inscopix welcomes and values diversity. Since our technology impacts people of different backgrounds, thoughts and beliefs, we feel it’s critical to employ people that reflect the diversity of people our technology is set out to help. Employment decisions at Inscopix are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, ethnic or national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical or genetic history or any other protected status. Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.