We’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer - Cloud Architecture to join the Production Engineering team. Who is responsible for architecting, designing, building, high-volume, scalable, and fault-tolerant healthcare platform services. This position is a key member of the Engineering leadership team reporting to the Sr Director of Engineering, mentoring and engaging engineers to deliver innovative products and platform services. The Principal Engineer directly interacts with internal/external stakeholders and works with the leadership team to help define cloud platform, core services, and architectural roadmap.
A day in the life at Innovaccer:
- Own and manage all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and support), create reference implementations.
- Architect, design, build, and support full lifecycle of platform services, web and mobile applications, solutions, and platform.
- Drive Platform Architecture, core platform Services, capabilities, standards, and tooling.
- Influence and accelerate Product and Solution delivery by contributing to the standardization of architecture as needed across multiple products.
- Be the technical expert, research, evaluate, and implement state-of-the-art technology as applicable to business needs.
- Collaborate with product management, platform engineering, customer engineering, and other stakeholders to execute the business vision.
- Strong technical documentation and presentation skills to communicate architectural and design options, educating engineering teams, internal stakeholders, and customers.
- Create a fan following, especially among engineers because of your excellent software craftsmanship and systems thinking skills.
- Participate in troubleshooting customer incidents and production issues.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders in furthering our offerings through your understanding of the healthcare tech space.
- 12+ years as a Software Engineer years of full-stack experience
- 6+ years experience in building platform, and platform core services such as IAM, API Auth, User Management, notification services, messaging services, logging, audit, and observability services on public cloud (AWS).
- Strong experience and ability to drive platform and services architectural initiatives across the whole organization.
- Experience integrating with internal and third-party services, designing and building restful APIs
- Strong experience in cloud computing platforms like Amazon Web Services
- Strong experience in implementing microservices, data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Demonstrable ability to work across multiple teams driving end-to-end architecture to deliver an end product.
- Demonstrable ability to work closely with internal stakeholders, partners, and vendors to build win-win solutions
- Demonstrable Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- The ability to accurately communicate complex technical abstractions
- The ability to influence peers and/or management and be a champion of best practices that will encourage and drive adoption
- You are a highly experienced software craftsman.
- You are passionate about building quality products and want to own product development end-to-end leading with the right design, development, and operational principles that create customer delight.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science Master’s degree preferred.
Are you passionate about solving today’s healthcare challenges and positively impacting people’s health and well-being?
After all, that’s what we’ve been focusing on for the past six years. We’re on a purpose-driven journey to impact the future with a healthcare system that cares. The healthcare industry is undergoing a massive transformation, and Innovaccer is helping organizations effectively care for patients in today’s digital world. Our story began when a handful of go-getters got together to tackle one of the healthcare industry’s most pressing needs: a one-stop, whole-patient data bank that breaks down data silos to help teams provide the best care possible. Our mission to care as one is centered around the need for an integrated patient view to improve care delivery, and you don’t have to take our word for it; Innovaccer recently achieved unicorn status as one of the fastest-growing companies in healthcare technology.
Innovaccer is uniquely positioned in the marketplace and is building a one-of-a-kind healthcare cloud that will enable users to develop applications and solve long-standing healthcare challenges. See our latest KLAS ranking.
Working here is different.
We take pride in our grit and purpose-driven work ethic. It’s why we’ve been able to solve some of healthcare’s most challenging problems and why we continue to energetically take on incredible challenges.
We dream, we collaborate, we experiment, and we break new ground. We’re a strong team that looks out for each other. At Innovaccer, you can expect plenty of support and guidance from your colleagues with opportunities to learn, grow, and make a difference. We love organized chaos. So, if you are looking for a typical 9 to 5 job where you are told what to do, this may not be for you. When you work with Innovaccer, you are your own boss.