Product Designer Managers, will manage a team of designers and guide them towards the vision of the product. A major part of your day will go deep-diving into requests from your product and engineering counterparts. You’ll help the team prioritize work and run design sprints. You’ll be the point of contact for internal stakeholders and will keep them informed on the progress and deadlines. Performance, process, and quality of design deliverables will be your major areas of focus.
You will be responsible for the following:
Managing a team of designers:
- Lead the vision for your product area alongside your product and engineering counterparts.
- Help the team groom and execute design sprints while adhering to the design guidelines to maintain consistency.
- Provide regular coaching and feedback to direct reports to help grow functional skills and leadership capability, with support from senior managers.
- Foresee capacity issues and work with the business to plan and set expectations and track key metrics to meet goals. Participate in recruiting efforts
Improve and operationalize design processes:
- Be a consistent user advocate as you make informed, data-backed design recommendations for superior interactions
- Partner with Customer Innovation, Marketing, and Product teams to evangelize platform goals.
- Perform audits on processes to obtain data on teams' efficiency, alignment on productivity, and quality metrics.
- Manage end-to-end team operations, handle design processes and related tools proactively engaging managers and stakeholders.
- Identify improvements to processes and contribute to the root cause analysis with a focus on reducing rework and improving the quality of designs being delivered.
- Have a data-driven approach towards operational goals and key metrics for the organization.
What You Need
- 6+ years of industry experience in software product design.
- Expertise in design principles (Typography, Composition, Scale, Color Theory, etc) and experience applying those principles together.
- Expertise in design tools (like Sketch) and various platforms (web, mobile, and desktop).
- Experience managing a team of visual and UX designers.
- Create an inspiring work environment. Actively bring out the best in designers helping both designers and team dynamics evolve.
- Appetite for analyzing metrics, building models around data to provide solutions and/or improve processes.
- Ability to work in a team, communicate deadlines and deliver as promised
- Team management
- Performance management
- Process Review and Enforcement
What We Offer
- Industry-focused Certifications: We want you to be a subject matter expert in what you do. So, whether it’s our product or our domain, you will dive straight in and be certified by the best in the world.
- Quarterly Rewards and Recognition Programs: We foster learning and encourage people to take moonshots. When you achieve your goals, we recognize and reward your hard work.
- Health Benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones.
- Sabbatical Policy: We encourage people to take time off and rejuvenate, upskill and pursue their interests so that they can generate new ideas for innovating at Innovaccer.
- Pet-friendly office and open floor plan. No mundane cubicles.