Who are we and What do we do?
We help advertisers reach and engage with their target audience globally. We do this through a deep understanding of users, which is enabled through our algorithms that respect privacy. Today, some of the world's largest brands, agencies, developers and publishers are creating great value by using our platforms to deliver compelling proposition to their target consumers.
Currently, we provide over 1 billion mobile users with relevant advertisements that enable meaningful decisions. We display 8 billion advertisements on a daily basis. That's 1 advertisement for every individual in the world and we're working on taking this number to more than 1 for every individual that's ever walked the earth!
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting-edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and we are sure to go even higher from here. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have immediate impact with the company and our products. You shall be working at the cutting edge of technology in terms of Big Data and RealTime Processing Systems. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for InMobi and is in direct path for success of multiple of core product offerings on InMobi.
Modern work environment, flexible schedule and smart, creative, down to earth people. Internal opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul – free meals all days of the week, gym or Yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What is the team like?
We are the Reporting and Analytics (RnA) team of InMobi. We strive to build an ever evolving platform which can transform the raw data into actionable business insights for its consumers. Strategically placed and owing platform, team enjoys unique opportunity to understand and interact with all lines of business within InMobi for their reporting and analytics requirements. Current, Microservices based architecture of Platform and great mix of technology stack to work with Big Data, provides a great opportunity for a team member to excel technically.
The current platform’s technical stack includes working with components from Hadoop ecosystem for handling big data, J2EE and Python/Django based frameworks for analytics on the big data, caching focused frameworks for faster responses, stacks like Druid for interactive analytics, close working with DWH systems like Vertica. Team leads contribution to Apache Lens project.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for entire product architecture, across the integration, data management and analytics offerings on big data analysis systems.
- Drive Thought-Leadership on architectural & design best practices and standards for the reporting and analytics platform.
- Develop application design and code reference implementations or implementations for critical modules.
- Provide regular support/guidance to project teams on complex coding, issue resolution and execution.
- Working closely with the team and playing a voluntarily active role in key initiatives from a design correctness and excellence perspective.
- Implementing Machine Learning Algorithms, handling Real time and batch data processing techniques, API construction and management techniques
- Working with Product Management to assist with definition of feature needs
- Understanding the business, why it is critical to company and our customers and relaying this understanding to the team
- Mentor other team members and taking them to the next level in terms of skills and contributions
- Rises above detail to see broader issues and implications for whole product/team.
What do we expect from you?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute
- Good computer fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- 8-12 years of strong server-side product development experience in building massively large scale distributed internet systems and products
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies around server side development and analytics in Big Data
- Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment
- Provide good attention to details
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of highly scalable & distributed system for building audience targeting capabilities
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
Nice to have skills
- Experience of online advertising domain
- Experience of building products that are powered by data & insights
- Experience in data sciences & machine learning
- Experience of working on massively large scale data systems
- Experience in scripting language like Python.