The InMobi Story
We like big challenges. Building a new company in 2007 was no ordinary task. As the recession hit, the iPhone was born and launched a revolution. Mobile advertising wasn’t yet a thing, other than SMS, and venture capital funding was hard to come by for four guys in India.
Yet with passion, foresight, and conviction – InMobi charted its own course, helping to transform the way consumers engage with their phones and create today's booming app economy wherein consumers now spend 4.2 hours per day.
After fourteen years of innovation, our end-to-end advertising software platform, connected content and commerce experiences have formed a powerful engine for growth that activates audiences, drives real connections, and diversifies revenue for companies around the world.
Our global organization of InMobians are excited to continue discovering and developing impactful technologies that will continue to transform people, businesses, and society.
Microsoft and InMobi have entered into a strategic partnership. As per this, InMobi will be the exclusive partner for Microsoft’s search inventory. Microsoft Search Advertising empowers the largest advertisers around the world to reach their maximum potential through paid search engine marketing on the Microsoft Bing Ads platform. InMobi will be responsible for complete business management/transaction across Bing.
As a Sales Manager in META you are expected to drive new client acquisition and grow incremental revenue against a targeted list of high potential agencies and advertisers through continuous engagement. You are expected to continually build and maintain a pipeline of clients and agencies to be onboarded to the Microsoft Advertising platform. Collaborate with internal Account Managers and Strategy teams to develop quality customer plans targeted at revenue growth and customer satisfaction. Cultivating strategic client relationships, revenue generation and delivering customized search solutions will be key to your core function. Your success will be measured by specific key performance indicators focused on driving new customer acquisition, product adoption, emphasizing customer experience and optimizing opportunities.
What is expected out of you?
In the first quarter:
- Understand the Microsoft Advertising Ecosystem in META and collaborate with internal stakeholders.
- Leverage your current relationships in the advertising ecosystem to drive revenue conversations as well as open up new relationships in the industry
- You will be expected to build a healthy predictable pipeline of clients to initiate and successfully close partnership and onboarding discussions.
- Consistently create high value revenue-generating opportunities that will work towards delivering quota expectations.
- Lead regular, impactful engagements with key clients.
- Coordinate with the required teams to help achieve targets.
Second Quarter Onwards:
- Master and grow the activities initiated in the first quarter
- Grow Bing’s share of wallet by continuing to onboard new clients and agencies
- Strengthen relationships with key client and agency stakeholders like (budget decision makers, media planners and senior leadership)
- Collaborate with internal account managers and client poc's to ensure opportunities are leveraged effectively
- Continually strengthen your Search Industry expertise, take personal accountability for your career and personal development;
- Complete required and recommended trainings and apply what you learn to further your growth in role and career progression
Role requirement & expectation:
- 6+ years of work experience with 3+ years of online media sales/digital advertising experience
- Strong network of clientele in the META marketplace and an understanding of the key digital players (Brands, agencies etc.)
- Experience and ability to build a client base from scratch.
- Experience in lead generation, networking, and ad-agency relationship management.
- Experienced Digital media solution seller and talented in storytelling and delivering engaging presentations across all levels of leadership
- Ability to handle and manage key/strategic client relationships and revenue
- Ensure a strong metrics focused approach is applied in business planning and execution
- Proven ability to understand customer needs, create and deliver customized, customer-focused pitches and solutions
- Proven track record of exceptional performance, high productivity, communications skills, and meeting deadlines. Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or exceed revenue goals or targets
- Passion for technology as an enabler for company growth
- Effectively navigate through ambiguity and complexities related to client management
- Practice freedom with responsibility, entrepreneurial mindset and thought leadership.
- Possess excellent communication skills providing transparency and enabling information radiators
- Travel across META markets to meet and strengthen partnerships with new and existing clients.
- MBA or Advanced degree preferred
- Search Engine Marketing Experience
- Understanding of the Digital Ecosystem
- Ad-Agency Experience
Johannesburg(will require frequent travel across META countries)