The role of a UX Researcher at InMobi is to create and clarify strategy, conceptualize UX ecosystems in ways that mitigate complexity, and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what's possible. It is essential that one possesses a clear vision of the future of user experience and has the unwavering focus and courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
The Telco Cloud Services team in InMobi is made up of multi-disciplinary members (UX Designers, Researchers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers). User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that
people love. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviours, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities.
In this role, you'll take the time to understand not just the execution side of UX, but also the business aspects of the products we build. You'll collaborate with leaders of other UX, Engineering, and Product Management teams to create innovative experiences across all of InMobi's ITC products, leveraging your passion for brand, craft, and design quality.
Our goal is to provide excellent Help and Support experiences for all InMobi ITC products, by enabling users to find the best solution for them as quickly as possible. As a user experience researcher at InMobi, you will partner with product design, support, growth, and engineering to help answer the questions that will shape their long-term vision and strategy. To do this, you'll conduct research to discover and define the problems their users are encountering, prioritize them, and hand-off to the cross-functional teams to solve.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and conduct studies across key products and product areas, utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, surveys, concept testing, usability testing, and any other methods you find impactful.
- Lead end-to-end research projects that help teams to understand InMobi customers and uncover actionable insights.
- Source appropriate participants the research panel and outside.
- Work with cross-functional teams on product direction based on research findings. Able to follow up with partners about implementation to understand how findings are being used.
- Partner with data analysts to provide qualitative context for their quantitative insights.
- Synthesize and communicate insights and recommendations across the company.
- Help others at InMobi to conduct their own research and make customer-centric decisions.
Does this sound like you?
Must have skills:
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience researcher.
- Experience designing and conducting studies across key product areas, utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, surveys, concept testing, usability testing, and any other methods you find impactful.
- A clear history of developing and delivering high-quality research and insights.
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate findings: verbally and in writing.
Nice to have:
- A diverse portfolio of projects demonstrating how you've tackled complex problem areas.
- Prior experience having worked with product organizations.
- Prior experience of having worked with consumers/users in North America
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a scale-up environment through ambiguity.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn more.
- Low ego and the ability to take feedback positively.