Who we are and What do we do?
InMobi is the world's leading Marketing Cloud, driving real connections between brands and consumers. Our platforms help Marketers reach 1.56 billion unique users through mobile to help them engage, acquire, re-engage, re-market and retain valuable users. InMobi is also India’s first unicorn and one of the only profitable global tech-product companies to emerge out of India.
At 20+ offices across the globe, InMobi employs over 1000 personnel constituting 25 nationalities. Acclaimed for its culture, InMobi has consecutively featured on the Great Places to Work (GPTW) list, with a consistent hold in the Top 50 position for the past two years. Moreover, these accolades are not just restricted to India, InMobi has also secured a ranking on the GPTW’s 2017 China List, a notable feat for an Indian startup.
InMobi has also regularly featured on world disruptor lists – MIT Technology Review’s 2013 50 Disruptive Companies; Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2016, 2018; CNBC’s Disruptor 50 companies list of 2019, here InMobi was selected amongst a pool of more than 980 forward-thinking and ambitious private companies across the globe, we now share this space with the likes of SpaceX, Airbnb, Uber and so on.
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting-edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and we are sure to go even higher from here. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What does the team do?
The Customer Data Platform team builds and maintains the platform to manage all kinds of end-user customer data, with capabilities to ingest data in various forms such as batch and streaming, offline store for data processing, segmentation, lookalike modelling, export framework, compliance and analytics. It involves a wide set of technologies from big data systems to distributed systems and AI/ML modelling.
The Audience Intelligence Platform team develops the platform for advertisers to see various audiences, insights and reports.
What will you be doing?
- Lead above teams and be responsible for design, architecture and delivery of these products with the highest quality with inputs from architects
- Drive innovations in the platforms constantly & remain ahead of the curve
- Collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to deliver end-to-end products & features
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Estimate efforts, identify risks, device and meet project schedules
- Run review meetings effectively and drive the closure of all open issues on time
- Provide functional and design reviews in related areas of expertise with-in team and cross-team.
- Mentor/coach engineers to facilitate their development and provide technical leadership to them
- Do performance management and career development for the team
- Rise above details to see broader issues and implications for all products/teams.
What do we expect from you?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute
- 13+ years of strong design and development experience in building distributed internet systems and products
- 3+ years of management experience
- Good experience working with services, data pipelines and data stores
- Excellent Java programming skills and expertise in multi-threading and performance-oriented programming
- Strong computer science fundamentals and problem-solving skills, data structures & algorithm skills
- Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be able to work with various stakeholders effectively
- Must be a proven performer and team player who enjoys challenging assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment
- Provide good attention to details
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of massively scalable distributed systems
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements, scope and priorities
Nice to have skills?
- Experience with online advertising domain
- Prior startup experience.