Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi is the world's leading Marketing Cloud, driving real connections between brands and consumers. Our platforms help Marketers reach 1.56 billion unique users through mobile to help them engage, acquire, re-engage, re-market and retain valuable users. InMobi is also India’s first unicorn and one of the only profitable global tech-product companies to emerge out of India.
At 20+ offices across the globe, InMobi employs over 1000 personnel constituting 25 nationalities. Acclaimed for its culture, InMobi has consecutively featured on the Great Places to Work (GPTW) list, with a consistent hold in the Top 50 position for the past two years. Moreover, these accolades are not just restricted to India, InMobi has also secured a ranking on the GPTW’s 2017 China List, a notable feat for an Indian startup.
InMobi has also regularly featured on world disruptor lists – MIT Technology Review’s 2013 50 Disruptive Companies; Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2016, 2018; CNBC’s Disruptor 50 companies list of 2019, here InMobi was selected amongst a pool of more than 980 forward-thinking and ambitious private companies across the globe, we now share this space with the likes of SpaceX, Airbnb, Uber and so on.
What is the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise to challenges, the innovative products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and are on an accelerated path of being a leader in enterprise software for marketers. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer you an opportunity to work on building enterprise platforms that require you to acquire, hone and demonstrate your engineering skills in designing and solving for complex problems, thereby creating software that creates value for our customers in a reliable, scalable, secure, and AI-first manner. At InMobi, you get to work on innovative technologies, work closely with business teams and grow as an overall technology leader.
Modern work environment, flexible schedule, and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul – free meals all days of the week, gym, or Yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What is the team like?
The Computing Platform team at InMobi builds and maintains the following products:
Kubernetes Platform: Leverage best of breed solutions to develop a platform layer on top of Kubernetes to ease the creation, deployment, upgrade and overall management of InMobi Kubernetes clusters at scale including discovery of clusters by deployment pipelines, monitoring and alerting pipelines, DNS layer, load balancers, installation of various base packages, secrets and applications, autonomous draining of old cluster traffic and movement to new cluster, cluster utilization improvements via pod bin packing and other measures, pod sizing, VM type and SKU recommendations, multi-cluster deployments, graceful management of VM evictions at scale, business continuity/disaster recovery solutions, etc by leveraging cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, service mesh, nginx, prometheus, terraform etc.
Observability Platform: Build and maintain distributed tracing, logging, monitoring and alerting systems at scale for InMobi.
Security: Design and implement best in class, industry leading audit, network and security policies and practices such as centralized certificate management, handling DDoS challenges, TLS protocols etc
Other areas of focus: centralized patching of container images, audit logging, FaaS, API Gateway.
With innovation at its core, the team is responsible for leveraging latest technologies in the cloud computing space. This platform team enjoys a unique opportunity to understand and interact with all lines of business within InMobi for their computing requirements.
What will you be doing?
- Identifying top computing requirements and tech stack choices to successfully meet the strategic computing needs of the company.
- Designing and architecting modular cloud-based platform services and systems
- Collaborating with development teams to evaluate and identify optimal solutions
- Working closely with cross functional teams such as application, information security and other platform teams to plan and deliver computing platform improvements
- Being responsible for design, architecture, and delivery of a feature or component/product with the highest quality
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements
- Improving existing systems and maintaining cloud solutions in accordance with best practices
- Educating teams on the implementation of new technologies and initiatives
- Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security
- Driving innovations in the platform constantly & remaining ahead of the curve
- Demonstrating ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Providing functional, design, and code reviews in related areas of expertise with-in team and cross-team
- Mentoring/coaching engineers to facilitate their development and providing technical leadership to them
- Rising above details to see broader issues and implications for whole product/team
What do we expect from you?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute
- 8+ years of strong design/development experience in building massively large-scale distributed internet systems and products
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining large scale systems on public cloud such as Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns. Deep understanding of Microservices architecture and Cloud computing technologies such as Kubernetes, Istio, Prometheus, Load Balancers, IaaS, IaC etc
- Excellent programming skills and expertise in multi-threading and performance-oriented programming.
- Good Python and Java programming experience
- Excellent understanding of CI/CD pipelines, tools and practices
- Good knowledge of security systems and practices such as Key Vault, Authentication, Authorization, Firewall, TLS, etc
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent data structures & algorithms skills
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader leading edge technologies around server side development
- Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be a proven performer and team player who enjoys challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast-paced and start-up workplace
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of massively scalable distributed systems
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities
Nice to have skills
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with high scale serving systems
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Zookeeper, NoSQL systems etc
- Experience with frontend technologies like React
- Experience with online advertising domain