Senior Product Manager- Audio Advertising
Location: San Francisco/ LA/ New York
Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi Group’s mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
What’s the InMobi family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun loving, take ownership and are results focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What do we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for InMobi and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At InMobi, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
Product Management at InMobi :
Our Product Managers do all of the usual things that product managers usually do (become subject matter experts, design world class products, write PRDs, Analyze data, build product hypothesis basis numbers, work closely with business team, manage development timelines and track deliveries), but they do it at one of the fastest growing companies in the space with a truly global footprint. They need to think big and multi-task. They should be able to deal with ambiguity, in fact, thrive in it.
With the rise of music streaming services, adoption of smart speakers and devices there is an exponential increase in the consumption of music and non-music audio content across the globe.Audio advertising is growing at a massive pace YoY. While there is an increase in user base, ad monetization across audio content is still in its early stages and around 70% of the advertisers spend less than 10% budgets on Audio currently. The market is evolving rapidly, and audio will become an integral part of marketing strategy for advertisers.
The Senior/Group Product Manager for the Audio Advertising team at InMobi will spend his/her time on: -
- Talking to Customers (Demand partners – Advertisers/Agencies/ Publishers) and continuously build hypotheses and ideas to figure out the sweet spot for Audio monetization and define the problem statement for solving monetization for the Audio advertising market
- Develop the product roadmap for the InMobi Audio Advertising product/ solutions
- Develop deep understanding of marketing funnel of customers and working with internal stakeholders to validate hypotheses and lay out operating plan for the product to solve for customer goals and expectations
- Work with engineers, designers and peers to build the next generation of Audio advertising and monetization offerings
- Work closely with business teams to plan GTM, define pricing model, value proposition and launch InMobi Audio advertising product/ solutions in the market
What do we expect from you?
The Senior product manager is expected to: -
- Evaluate: Evaluate the current audio advertising market globally, develop an understanding of monetization solutions currently available in the market and understand competition in this space
- Identify: Identify the problems faced by Advertisers and agencies currently to spend on Audio advertising
- Define: Articulate and define the problem statement for Audio monetization and lay the roadmap for potential solution to build the next gen Audio Advertising stack for InMobi
- Work closely with business teams to plan GTM, define pricing model, value proposition and launch InMobi Audio advertising solution in the market (Repeated- it’s the last point on the previous para– I suggest we remove this)
- A strong bias for action. Willingness to dot the i’s and cross the t’s to make the product successful for the InMobi Audio advertising cloud
- Understanding and empathy for customer behaviour, needs, desires and triggers, and ability to marry the same with clear data driven hypothesis validation
- Great communication skills and ability to work well with geographically dispersed and culturally diverse teams
- 5+ years in Product Mgmt. Previous experience with Audio Advertising or experience deploying Product solutions for Audio Monetization is preferred
- Ability to formulate a clear point-of-view on hard and ambiguous problems, and execute on the same
- Ability to multi-task and work with a diverse set of stakeholders. – (this is a given, maybe we can remove it )
- Willingness to be hands on and do what it takes to build and scale up a new offering from 0 to 1 stage
- Provide technical guidance for securing large strategic partnerships with audio content publishers, advertising networks, exchanges/agencies
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products. Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
InMobi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Why Join Us?
You will contribute to creating disruptive and innovative consumer experiences using technology. We value autonomy, collaboration, technical innovation and results-oriented thinking. InMobi’s culture is all about rewarding excellence so there are fantastic opportunities for the right candidates!