We help brands understand, identify, engage and acquire consumers.
Role: Head of People Operations and Technology
Location: San Francisco
InMobi was founded on the belief that our people and their talents are our most valuable assets. As Head of People Operations and Technology for our North American operations reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, your mandate will be to support all of our immensely talented people in achieving our collective goals. You will be a vital contributor on our leadership team and will lead and develop a small team of human resources professionals to deliver the full spectrum of human resources services to our rapidly scaling global organization.
The responsibilities of the position are broad and dynamic and include oversight of all aspects of people operations and technology in North America, scaling the processes and technology that we have in place for hyper growth, eliminating inefficiencies, reporting and analytics, technology implementations, immigration program management, change management, employee development, employee/labor relations and optimizing for a most excellent People experience. You will enthusiastically lead and execute process improvements and transformational change utilizing your exceptional management and interpersonal prowess. Keys to success include a deeply analytical mind-set as well as an excellent ability to build strong relationships across our global Talent Acquisition, HR, Finance, Legal and IT teams and inspire confidence across all of InMobi’s extended leadership team and their respective organizations.
Ideal candidate will be eager to get their hands dirty and lead by example, is an expert in HRIS and other HR Technologies (SAP Success Factors, ADP, Greenhouse), Reporting, Analytics, Immigration/Visas, Global Mobility, Onboarding, Vendor Management, Payroll, Compliance and Equity Administration. Our team runs toward challenges, and you will have a demonstrated history of doing the same with a high degree of professionalism, initiative, flexibility and agility.
What will you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proven ability to applying best-in-class HR operations practices experience gained from 8+ years of related human resources experience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and understanding of group dynamics. Successful track record of establishing credibility and trust with a diverse client group.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, judgment, negotiating, influencing, and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the highest degree of security and confidentiality, tact, diplomacy and manage privileged, material non-public information and hold in the strictest confidence.
- Proven ability to consult with stakeholders of all levels in order to develop and execute solutions.
- Expert in using technology to streamline and improve processes. Demonstrated proficiency with business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite and human resource information systems. Highly proficient with Excel.
- A hands-on professional with solid attention to detail, strong creative and conceptual skills, ability to connect multiple HR strategies and initiatives while keeping the big picture in mind.
- High degree of integrity, natural desire to empower, strong work ethics, deep sense of accountability and continuous improvement mindset and capabilities.
- Expert in payroll administration - processing advances, loans, taxable fringe benefits, imputed income, garnishments, child support orders, tax levies, quarterly tax verifications, worker’s compensation reports and new state setup/registrations.
- Knowledge of employment and payroll tax laws.
- Exceptional facilitation and oral and written communication skills. Able to articulate a complex issue with the right level of detail to improve understanding and decision making. Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and deliver formal presentations or training to management and other audiences.
- Highly analytical and metrics driven.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience as a consultant and advisor to management in human resources areas.
- Proven ability to collaborate across a complex, highly matrixed, geographically dispersed global organization.
- Exceptional project management skills including the ability to influence and manage individuals in a matrixed organization without a direct reporting relationship.
- Able to balance strategy with strong tactical execution.
- A proven track record managing change in a dynamic business environment with a strong sense of urgency to exceed goals and objectives.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, write by hand.
- Extensive use of computer, telephone and other office equipment
- Occasionally sort/file paperwork.
- Rarely reach/work above shoulders, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 20 pounds, kneel/crawl, operate foot and/or hand controls.
Consistent with obligations under the law, InMobi will provide reasonable accommodations to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
How will you lead?
- Develop, scale, maintain and continuously enhance our people operations programs with a focus on quality, customer service and automation (i.e, self-service). Build out the strategic roadmap to empower the People Operations and Technology function including its process and technology footprint to accommodate a rapidly-scaling global company.
- Oversee the effectiveness of our onboarding and offboarding processes, and continually improve them using progressive human-centered and evidence-based approaches.
- Support hiring managers to organize onboarding experiences to welcome new team members and quickly enable them to become effective contributors.
- Oversee processes for benefits administration, payroll processing, 401(k) administration, workers' compensation, disability, leave, work place accommodation requests, and health and safety issues; inform managers and Human Resources VP, as needed.
- Manage and administer HR compliance programs including, Background Checks, EEO Reporting, I-9/ E-Verify compliance, 401(k) audit, immigration related compliance requirements. Build strong partnerships with internal legal teams and external vendors to stay up to date and ensure compliance with Federal, State and local requirements.
- Partner with Corporate Communications and HRBPs to craft internal guidelines, procedures, and communications for compliance programs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for any internal and external audits regarding HR processes, ensuring compliance to existing audit standards or new audits, as required.
- Take data to the next level. Build a metrics-driven organization that leverages reporting, dashboards, and tracking methodology to deliver actionable insights to improve service delivery, SLA expectations, operations accuracy and effectiveness to the business. Analyze data available through local and centralized database resources. Drive the Analytics function to develop, track and analyze meaningful metrics.
- Collaborate with global Talent Acquisition, HR, Finance, Legal and IT team members for requirements-gathering, process improvements and day-to-day activities.
- Ensure high quality HR transactional data management, accurate documentation and record keeping. Develop and maintain department SOP’s and documentation.
- Partner with HRBP and Talent Acquisition teams on Employee Engagement, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging, ESG and Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives.
- Oversee and approve human resources transactions submitted for processing.
- Manage the performance and development of People Operations team direct reports. Set team objectives, priorities, and resources to align with department objectives with a focus on career development and growth.
- Provide consultative advice to internal clients (i.e., Executives, managers and employees) on HR policies and guidelines interpretation
- Be a trusted and dependable resource to everyone in InMobi’s global organization.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
What does InMobi do?
InMobi is one the largest Independent Adtech player globally with a record of accomplishment for innovations, customer centricity and privacy first approach, we have been recognized on both 2018 and 2019 CNBC disruptor 50 list and as one of the Fast Company’s 2018’s most innovative company.
Currently, we run Adstack that reaches to 1Bn+ Mobile users with relevant content and Ads in a privacy first manner that enables meaningful decision for end users and good revenue and retention for our media partners
We are expanding into Commerce Media Monetization, the next frontier for Adtech and looking for like-minded partners who are passionate about the space and would like to make it big.
What is the InMobi family like?
Our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results focused. Your work is visible, and you have an opportunity to make a real impact on a large organization.
You will work with a very capable and ambitious peer group, who will welcome you with open heart and will go extra mile to make you successful. We believe that learning is a lifelong commitment, so we invest significantly in your development using internal and external resources.
- Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits
- Competitive salary, bonus, and stocks
- Quality medical, vision, dental
- Flexible working hours
- Wellness stipend
- Healthy time off through a combination of PTO, sick days, and company-wide holidays
- A friendly, supportive working family to call your team.
- $400 to set up your own home office to thrive in a post COVID world
- Post-covid hybrid work model for employees close to our offices in New York, San Francisco, Irvine, and Kansas City
InMobi is an equal opportunity employer
InMobi is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we invite you to apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to get to work every day.
InMobi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.