We help brands understand, identify, engage and acquire consumers.
Title: Principal Product Designer
Location: SF, NY, London
Product design practitioners here at InMobi come from diverse backgrounds such as psychology, content strategy, engineering, fine arts, visual communication etc and are passionately self-taught.
Our approach, our efforts, our outcome and everything we do here at InMobi Design is aligned to the vision:“We design to create true-to-human value and we do it delightfully together”
It is not just about creating the delight for the end consumers but also keeping the whole process delightful while we work with our product, engineering, and business stakeholders in identifying the problem worth solving for the consumers & business on a global scale. Be it solving for seamless customer experience, simple workflows or novel yet intuitive interaction paradigms, the product design team always strive to keep the bar higher.
What will you bring?
InMobi Exchange and SSP is building the best-in-its-class technology platforms that will help enterprise marketers gain exclusive access to mobile intelligence and create new paths to understand, identify, engage and acquire consumers. A typical journey of our customer will involve business processes that span multiple tools across supply and demand and hence the need to seamlessly move users and customer data in and out of different products across Exhange. Consequently, keeping the product experience integrated and yet permeable across supply and demand, becomes paramount.
- You will play a key role in leading the next phases of our customer centered innovation and help put mechanisms in place that ensures a seamless experience for the customer as he/she journeys through the platform experiences of SSP and Publisher interface that help publishers monetize their inventory and Exchange and demand interface that help grow business by engaging and acquiring high-quality target users at scale
- You will be seeing the experience to consumers as an outcome of a perfect blend of business design, user research, problem framing, design thinking, information architecture, interaction design, visual and motion design, yet you will be able to inspire the team with your deep expertise in a minimum of one or many of the core facets of product design.
- Your approach to solving a given challenge will not be in isolation instead you will be seeing it as a smaller piece to a larger puzzle. Thinking in systems is your usual way.
- As you craft the experience for our customers, you will set the bar at a level that not only ensures shipping top-class quality products but also helps position InMobi as one of the best enterprise design organizations.
- From being focused on design as an output, we have transitioned into using design to influence organizational mindset. This is an ongoing process and you will play a major role in providing thought leadership, while we experiment with the processes, tools, collaboration techniques and approaches to design.
- You will define the design process playbook that helps in choosing the right approach appropriate for a given challenge solved with design.
- You will mentor fellow designers and provide thought leadership across the organisation in the process elevating design as leaders in product ideation and innovation.
- You will get stakeholder buy-in for your design not by presenting and doing a design walkthrough but by narrating a compelling business story that weaves together the customer need and business opportunity with a good mix of customer emotions that best articulates your human-centered approach.
- You will demonstrate and communicate the value-first user centered design efforts in a simple to understand jargon free narrative to business leaders and stakeholders.
How will you lead?
- A mentality to operate as a design founder of a given product, owning the responsibility on all aspects of the product experience.
- Simply delivering is not to be called as done, while delighting with your output can be called as a decent attempt. But what is really expected of you is to “Help customer win in their businesses”.
- Being honest and having the courage at all times to say what you truly think, how much ever it is different. Strong teams are built on different perspectives.
- Rather than getting bogged down by perfection, you will ensure no element in the product is either hidden or overly celebrated and it is given the right emphasis it deserves to help customers meet their business goals.
- You will be able to work through the length & breadth of product design with ease. From finding the right problem worthy of business impact to putting together a prototype that help experience your solution in best of its form. You are a strategic thinker and at the same time execute with great attention to detail and craftsmanship.
- Lead the fellow designers and Inspire them with excellence in your work.
- You should lead the team in evangelising the design value within the organisation and also in broadcasting it externally to a wider audience through your participation in external forums representing InMobi Design.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to ensure you establish a shared understanding of your approach with your stakeholders.
- Enjoy a fast-paced high-energy environment, where the only thing constant is change.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years experience in product design. What also matters to us is the number of product experiences you had successfully shipped in your professional life and the impact you were able to create so far. If you have a proven record of establishing design systems in place that ensures seamless product design execution at scale across multiple product lines, that will be a big plus.
What does InMobi do?
InMobi is one the largest Independent Adtech players globally with a record of accomplishment for innovation, customer-centricity and a privacy-first approach. We have been recognized on both 2018 and 2019 CNBC disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 Most Innovative Companies.
We have diversified revenue across several different B2B and B2C lines of business on a global scale. The North America market is our largest global market, and where our largest clients and publisher partners are based.
What is the InMobi family like?
Our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results focused. Your work is visible, and you have an opportunity to make a real impact on a large organization.
You will work with a very capable and ambitious peer group, who will welcome you with open heart and will go the extra mile to make you successful. We believe that learning is a lifelong commitment, so we invest significantly in your development using internal and external resources.
Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits
- Competitive salary, bonus, and stocks
- Quality medical, vision, dental
- Flexible working hours
- Wellness stipend
- Healthy time off through a combination of PTO, sick days, and company-wide holidays
- A friendly, supportive working family to call your team.
- $400 to set up your own home office to thrive in a post COVID world
- Post-covid hybrid work model for employees close to our offices in New York, San Francisco, Irvine, and Kansas City
InMobi is an equal opportunity employer
InMobi is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we invite you to apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to get to work every day.
InMobi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.