Staff Engineer - SDK
Base Location: Remote USA
InMobi's SDK team is part of the larger Supply and Monetization Platform which is one of the world's leading ad serving platforms serving displaying more than 10bn ads and handling over 1 billion users. Our products help advertisers serve ads optimally, optimize relevance of ads to make the advertiser maximize his ROI, and monitor progress of different advertising campaigns.
The InMobi SDK is the primary means by which the app developers and publishers interface with the InMobi Ad Network. Integrated into more than 10,000 apps across the iOS and Android Phone platforms, the SDK features in more than 1 billion downloaded app instances, with over 10 billion ad requests daily.
There are 2 SDK products – one in Swift/Kotlin and another one in Obj-C/Java. The stability and performance of the SDK are paramount. These SDKs are modular and very stable with crash-free sessions percentage to six 9s (99.9999%).
Who are you?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute.
- 8-12 years of strong design and development experience in building mobile products.
- Good experience building and scaling mobile apps/SDKs in past.
- Excellent iOS/Android programming skills and good overall understanding of mobile ecosystem.
- Strong computer science fundamentals and problem-solving skills, data structures & algorithm skills.
- Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must be a proven performer and team player who enjoys challenging assignments in a fast-paced environment. Has good attention to details.
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of mobile apps/SDKs which touch billions of users.
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements, scope and priorities.
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with online advertising domain
- Experience with more than one platform - Android, iOS, Windows
- Contribution to community - open source, stack-overflow or presentations in conferences.
What will you be doing?
- Own the technical roadmap of the product and drive it to next orbit.
- Responsible for design, architecture, and delivery of a feature or component/product with the highest quality.
- Driving innovations in the platform constantly & remaining ahead of the curve
- Collaborates effectively with cross functional teams to deliver end-to-end products & features.
- Mentor a team of brilliant software engineers across mobile platforms. Facilitate their development and provide technical leadership to them.
- Provide functional, design, and code reviews in related areas of expertise within team and cross-team.
- Estimate efforts, identify risks, device and manage schedules.
- Run review meetings effectively and drive the closure of all open issues on time.
What does InMobi do?
InMobi’s mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. InMobi has a track record for innovation; we were recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
Currently, we provide over 1 billion mobile users with relevant advertisements that enable meaningful decisions. We display 8 billion advertisements on a daily basis.
What is the InMobi family like?
Our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. Your work is visible, and you have an opportunity to make a real impact on a large organization.
You will work with a very capable and ambitious peer group, who will welcome you with open heart and will go extra mile to make you successful. We believe that learning is a lifelong commitment, so we invest significantly in your development using internal and external resources.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
- Competitive salary, bonus, and stocks
- Quality medical, vision, dental
- Flexible working hours
- Lunches provided
- Gym stipend
- Healthy time off through a combination of PTO, sick days, and company-wide holidays
- A friendly, supportive working family to call your team
InMobi is an equal opportunity employer
InMobi is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we invite you to apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to get to work every day.
InMobi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.