Software Development Engineer IV- Android
Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi is a global provider of enterprise platform for marketers. Our platforms help Marketers reach
nearly 1.56 billion unique users through mobile to help them engage, acquire, re-engage, re-market
and retain valuable users. InMobi is also India’s first unicorn and one of the only profitable global techproduct companies to emerge out of India.
At 20+ offices across the globe, InMobi employs over 1000 personnel constituting 25 nationalities.
Acclaimed for its culture, InMobi has consecutively featured on the Great Places to Work (GPTW) list,
with a consistent hold in the Top 50 position for the past two years. Moreover, these accolades are
not just restricted to India, InMobi has also secured a ranking on the GPTW’s 2017 China List, a
notable feat for an Indian startup.
InMobi has also regularly featured on world disruptor lists – MIT Technology Review’s 2013 50
Disruptive Companies; Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2016, 2018; CNBC’s
Disruptor 50 list of 2018, here InMobi was selected amongst a pool of more than 980 forward-thinking
and ambitious private companies across the globe, we now share this space with the likes of SpaceX,
Airbnb, Uber and so on.
What's the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting edge products we
create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be
infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and we are sure to go even
higher from here. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here
today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer you an opportunity to work on building enterprise platforms that require you to acquire, hone
and demonstrate your engineering skills in designing and solving for complex problems, thereby
creating software that creates value for our customers in a very reliable, scalable, secure and AI-first
manner. At InMobi, you get to work on cutting-edge technologies, work closely with business teams
and grow as an overall technology leader.
Modern work environment, flexible schedule and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal
opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul –
free meals all days of the week, gym or Yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart
Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to
How the team looks like?
The InMobi Blink team is a close-knit group that strives to deliver second to none end user
experiences on OEM and TELCO smartphones. The team works as an agile customer first team to
deliver bleeding edge technology to global clientele across many markets. The platform is comprised
of an industry leading content serving backend, data analytics pipeline, and end-user client
application set. .
What will you be doing?
- Design and build application for the Android platform.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs in order to maintain code quality.
- Show leadership and focus on completion of projects.
What do we expect from you?
- Relevant industry experience of 7-plus years.
- Proficient in Java, Kotlin and OOPS concept.
- Experience with offline storage databases, threading, and networking.
- Should be proficient in Android Studio tools for performance measuring and memory management.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services.
- Understanding of Google's design principles and interface guidelines.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Should have experience in writing Android Studio Test Cases.
- Good at logical reasoning and data structure.
- Must have worked on latest Android technologies like RX JAVA and Kotlin.