Glance – An InMobi Group Company:
Glance is an AI-first Screen Zero content discovery platform, and it’s scaled massively in the last few months to one of the largest platforms in India. Glance is a lock-screen first mobile content platform set up within InMobi. The average mobile phone user unlocks her phone >150 times a day. Glance aims to be there, providing visually rich, easy to consume content to entertain and inform mobile users - one unlock at a time. Glance is live on more than 80 millions of mobile phones in India already, and we are only getting started on this journey! We are now into phase 2 of the Glance story - we are going global!
Roposo is part of the Glance family. It is a short video entertainment platform. All the videos created here are user generated (via upload or Roposo creation tools in camera) and there are many communities creating these videos on various themes we call channels. Around 4 million videos are created every month on Roposo and power Roposo channels, some of the channels are - HaHa TV (for comedy videos), News, Beats (for singing/ dance performances) along with a For You (personalized for a user) and Your Feed (for videos of people a user follows).
Our people philosophy is based on development and growth. We believe in hiring exceptionally smart people, setting them up to crazy challenges, giving them freedom to experiment, learn and grow, and celebrate their success. We do things a bit differently at Glance. We don’t have performance appraisals, we have development conversations. We don’t assign ratings and performance bonuses, we give opportunities and ask about aspirations. And when it comes to looking after our people, we go all out. Our people are special, and we make them feel it!
About the Role
Glance is looking for a Design - Director who can manage the design strategy, principles and stakeholder management for the design team. As a design leader, you will define the brand frame work and overall visual vocabulary for Glance. This role will have to bring some of the best design thinking methodology and practices and is imperative to hold our brand image in the highest standards. Ideally, the Design Director should have special combination of remarkable creativity and disciplines to deliver the projects in a timely manner. In this role, you will manage a team of talented graphic designers, motion graphic artists and art directors. This role has to support both Brand Commnication and Growth Marketing at the same time. You will be responsible for driving some of the key consumer touch points on a variety of verticals - which includes rewards, commerce, growth marketing, B2B marketing, social media, paid and organic campaigns to name a few. This is an integral role in our growing marketing team and you will be one of the core pillars to build solid B2C product footprints through design philosophy.
As a Design leader you will
- Be a strategic partner of the Glance Marketing leadership team, working closely with the Heads of Growth, Brand, Rewards and Payments and UX team to define the brand strategy and roadmap.
- Evangelize and communicate the design plan and practices.
- Lead the overall design vision that enhances our business goals across the company.
- Be a brand custodian who keeps the highest bar on quality and delivery.
- Be agile and get things done with speed.
- Analytical and has the ability to forecast the workload and plan resources accordingly.
- Generate excitement and enthusiasm within the team and strive to create a fun and productive culture.
- Own the overall creative direction on a daily basis, inspiring the team through creative thinking and leadership.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, leadership and brand owners to define creative direction for our product.
- Possess a deep understanding of new trends driving user expectations and behaviors.
- Understand how user-generated content and experiences are shaping products in the market.
- Partner with consumer insights to break down and understand the underlying motivations, and then driving solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to peers and junior design staff, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skills and knowledge.
- Be accountable and take ownership of end-to-end design.
- Lead, coach, project manage a talented team of designers to ensure Glance’s visual identity remains world-class and consistent across mediums.
- You are the brand expert and ambassador. You’ll work with a variety of internal teams to ensure brand consistency and compliance. You will define, enforce, and evolve Glance’s brand identity.
- Understand the business priorities and manage various projects at the same time.
- Help onboard and guide creative agencies and freelancers' work according to budgets, timelines, and scope.
- 12+ years of experience in design leadership role.
- 7+ years of experience in mobile-first, B2C digital product company.
- Hands on experience and proven track record in solving some of the complex visual problems.
- Experienced in designing, launching, monitoring and evolving a growing brand.
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of User Experience and Visual Experience. Areas of expertise in marketing design, creative thinking and leadership is a must
- Experience inspiring an organization irrespective of reporting lines; a vocal champion of the work that knows when to defend the work and when feedback will make the idea stronger.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal - are absolutely critical. Must be able to evangelize the vision for the brand and its projects.
- Welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
- Is highly organized and can break down complex problems into consumable and actionable pieces for others.
- Able to conceptualize, create, and implement concepts using various tools and technologies.
- You are creative and love a fast-paced environment. You also like to have fun, think big, and take chances
- You have a deep portfolio that demonstrates creative excellence in bringing major brands and products to life. This role is for a highly capable creative leader who can direct internal and external creative resources, and has the composure and communication skill to effectively present to Senior Leadership.
- Experience in hiring, developing and managing a team of designers.
- Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Art and Design or Communication Design or related field (Design School Preferred)
- Industry- Content Platform, B2C