Senior Manager - Public Relations (Glance)
Job Location: Bangalore
Who are we and What do we do?
Job Description: Glance, a consumer technology company and part of the InMobi group, is seeking a bright and exceptionally talented Public Relations professional to support the company’s rapidly growing businesses including its short video sharing platform Roposo. Glance which pioneered delivery of personalised multi-media content on the lockscreen of smartphones has already positioned itself as the largest player in this category. Roposo is rapidly impacting the way users consume short video content, branching out to various allied sectors.
The ideal candidate should have at least 12 years of relevant experience preferably in a corporate environment managing various communications and publicity campaigns using the traditional as well as new age media platforms. Candidates with a strong understanding of the media and entertainment industry including experience in working with OTT platforms, production / broadcasting and movie houses, and celebrity management are preferred.
As a key member of PR team at Glance, you are required to drive visibility of the platform by crafting narratives for celebrities, creators and influencers on the platform and making them more visible. The idea would be to take the success stories of the creators and celebrities already associated with both Glance and Roposo to the audience which largely comprises of consumers and creators/celebrities. The successful candidate is also expected to strategize, build and execute various publicity campaigns and communications programmes for Glance (and Roposo), in coordination with various internal and external stakeholders. One of the key mandates for this role would be to drive the visibility of the celebrities, creators and influencers associated with the platforms so as to ensure that they are more visible and well-received and recognised, thus driving the visibility of Glance/Roposo as platforms of choice for them. The idea is to inspire the consumers and creators by proliferating success stories of other creators and celebrities who are on Glance and Roposo.
What will you be doing ?
- Develop & implement PR strategies for Glance & Roposo
- Position Glance and Roposo as the most valuable platforms for celebrities, content creators and influencers through dedicated outreach programmes
- Craft narratives for celebrities, creators and influencers on the platform, making them more visible
- Liaise with broader ecosystem including OTT players, production firms, A&M platforms, content companies
- Build the media relations programmes including narratives
- Work with celebrities across different fields including movies & entertainment, music and sports to mention a few, in driving various PR campaigns
- Closely work with key internal stakeholders including teams from marketing, content, products to fresh out stories that may enhance the brand and take those external
- Draft the key messaging for the brand for PR campaigns including drafting of press releases
- Maintain a strong media relationship programme in the region
- Manage external public relations agency on strategy and day to day matters
What is expected out of you ?
- A post graduate degree in Journalism & Mass Communication, Public Relations, Advertising, or MBA in Marketing & Communications from premier institutes
- 9+ years of experience in Public Relations, preferably in Media & Entertainment industry
- Experience in celebrity management will be preferred
- Excellent writing, editing and proof reading skills
- A passion for pop culture and entertainment
- Expertise in digital communication and expertise skills
- Celebrity, Media and stakeholder management