Who are we and what do we do?
InMobi Group’s mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi’s media business has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
What is the InMobi family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
About the role
You will be part of the Growth and StratOps function of InMobi’s largest and fastest growing revenue engine, and in doing so be a thought partner to the GM of our publisher platform and marketplace. You will be working very closely with the leaders of all functions in the business: sales, business development, account management, regional market leaders, product management, engineering, product marketing, and field marketing.
You will help provide the growth focus to bring to life our wild aspirations for the platform. In addition, you will be seen as the strategy arm of this large business and ensure business and operating excellence continues apace to be successful in the long term. You will help us find the right market fit by continuously testing and deploying leveraged channels and use data to inform your decisions. You will be the bridge between the clients and partners and the execution teams. A point to especially note is that we are now sprinting towards our IPO and therefore this role is not just for the long term but to also help immediately in the run up to this defining moment.
You will report into the VP of Growth and S&O, based out of the US, as part of a 2 people team that will be based out of the BLR for the foreseeable future. Some travel may be required if you are not based out of BLR (into BLR where a lot of the workforce is located) and possibly to the US where a lot of the senior management, including the CEO, sits.
What will your charter be:
- Help the VP in leveraging market intelligence, product performance and growth data, customer insights and service measures to support product and product marketing leaders in developing long-term product strategies and agile roadmaps
- Understand client needs, key metrics, and the competitive landscape through market research and data driven insights to continuously improve the client experience and make recommendations for next horizon business opportunities
- Drive user research to validate and experiment messaging/use cases to help alpha and beta product refinements
- Collaborate with the marketing teams including field marketing, design and digital marketing to build comprehensive budget and plans for content, research, demand generation, PR, brand design and product education, across all major markets.
- Help guide the quarterly prioritization and development of mid-funnel content including case studies and white papers critical to building proof points for InMobi’s differentiation, leveraging your understanding of the ecosystem challenges/trends
- Monitor and customize engagement within platforms by leveraging content (in-product messages, notifications, email alerts), analytics (for example, Google Analytics, MixPanel) and other communication tools (Service desk, Chatbots, etc)
- Help identify unconventional and cost-efficient channels to build customer base and grow the business – could involve growth loops in the product to shape the product to self-grow
- Identify the most efficient tools, systems, and processes to drive sustainable growth for our platform
- Report, maintain and forecast all business metric results including customer growth, retention, recurring revenue, engagement, NPS, and margin
- Deliver ad-hoc strategic projects for high-priority initiatives informed by data analysis, customer feedback, and industry trends. Projects will be across legal, finance, Ad operations, and more. Projects could be internally and/or externally facing
- Prepare strategic recommendations for new business pitches
- Develop growth strategies to grow the business organically and potentially through acquisitions
- Monitor the marketplace/industry and analyze opportunities; providing competitive analysis, strategies and tactics
- Work closely with the Business Development/sales leadership in optimizing the sales process and monitoring the effectiveness of their efforts
Who you are:
You are passionate not only about solving problems, but about getting to the heart of them in order to solve the best way, not just any way. You have the drive and tenacity to get the job done, and to inspire your team members to do the same.
You have experience of working in an extremely fast-paced and fluid environment where ideas can be obsolete within 6 months or less. You are hands-on in solving business challenges and can prioritize ad hoc tactical asks alongside strategic inputs.
You will have the seniority and gravitas to represent InMobi in the industry alongside senior leaders of the InMobi Marketing Cloud, including market MDs, CTO, CPO and the CEO
- 8-12 years of relevant functional experience
- BA/BS degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience. An MBA degree is a plus
- Experience in growth marketing and business or product strategy, ideally in a platform environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally across time zones, and in a team
- Ability to influence key stakeholders across regions
- You're never satisfied with the status quo - you are always looking for the next opportunity to improve performance
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans