Role: Director of Public Relations, North America
Location: San Francisco, New York
InMobi is looking for an experienced PR and Communications professional to join the North America Marketing team as Director of Public Relations to lead and coordinate communications strategy for our U.S. PR efforts. You will be anchoring messaging to the company’s mission and narrative while working closely with key stakeholders and executives to drive business objectives.
Who Are You?
You are an excellent writer and verbal communicator with a history of creating stories, leveraging media relationships, and delivering a polished pitch. Your knowledge of how newsrooms work and the ability to understand how newsroom decision-makers think will also be advantageous. You should know the workings of technology and be comfortable synthesizing information from in-house research and writing, news coverage, financial reports and presentations from InMobi Group and other tech companies, and industry analyst reports.
- 8+ years work experience building and scaling communications programs, working with internal and external resources to reach a diverse set of media outlets.
- You have helped own PR and media relations for fast-growing technology companies and are familiar with the path to IPO and IPO-related media relations.
- BA/BS in communications, journalism or public relations preferred.
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in AP Style and ability to write perfect press releases, bylines and executive quotes.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to influence and engage media, executives and peers.
- A self-reliant problem solver who can work independently and with multiple teams.
- Experience driving PR in advertising, marketing, ad tech and / or data industry is preferred
- Familiarity with PR platforms such as Cision, PR Newswire, Critical Mention, Meltwater, etc.
What will you do?
- Oversee and manage communications plans from start to finish, as the go-to internal comms resource and liaison for global team members and PR agencies.
- Engage with major news organizations (online, broadcast, print) to promote InMobi’s leading position in the mobile advertising ecosystem through announcements, contributed articles, interviews, participation in industry trend stories, awards submission, etc.
- Engage with the global PR and marketing team, the leadership team, and subject matter experts across product, marketing, technology, sales, customer success to uncover stories and proof points for pitching to journalists.
- Develop and manage relationships with top tier journalists in order to secure opportunities to insert InMobi’s narratives into industry stories.
- Take research and writing on technology generated by InMobi and turn it into stories and pitches that top journalists covering technology and business would find relevant for their readers.
- Tap into insights and narratives created by InMobi to influence media outlets to write about technology developments and insert executives' perspectives on them.
- Follow through with reporters as they write and edit their stories to answer questions, provide context, and help shape the narrative.
- Track and monitor industry competition and InMobi coverage on an ongoing basis, and publish a newsletter capturing these coverages.
- Work with journalists to handle PR crisis situations by working with leadership team, spokespersons and legal teams to craft our strategy and response.
What does InMobi do?
InMobi is one the largest Independent Adtech player globally with a record of accomplishment for innovation, customer centricity and privacy first approach, we have been recognized on both 2018 and 2019 CNBC disruptor 50 list and as one of the Fast Company’s 2018’s most innovative company.
What is the InMobi family like?
Our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results focused. Your work is visible, and you have an opportunity to make a real impact on a large organization.
You will work with a very capable and ambitious peer group, who will welcome you with open heart and will go extra mile to make you successful. We believe that learning is a lifelong commitment, so we invest significantly in your development using internal and external resources.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
- Competitive salary, bonus, and stocks
- Quality medical, vision, dental
- Flexible working hours
- Lunches provided
- Gym stipend
- Healthy time off through a combination of PTO, sick days, and company-wide holidays
- A friendly, supportive working family to call your team.
InMobi is an equal opportunity employer
InMobi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.