Who are we and What do we do?
We help advertisers reach and engage with their target audience globally. We do this through a deep understanding of people, which is enabled through our algorithms that respect privacy. Today, some of the world's largest brands, agencies, developers and publishers are creating great value by using our platforms to deliver a compelling proposition to their target consumers.
Currently, we provide over 1.4 billion mobile users with relevant advertisements that enable meaningful decisions. We display 10 billion advertisements on a daily basis!
What is the team like?
InMobi's Publisher and Programmatic Platform is one of the world's leading ad serving platforms serving 50bn ad requests a day and handling 1.4+ billion users. Our products help advertisers serve ads optimally, optimize the relevance of ads to make the advertiser maximize his ROI, and monitor the progress of different advertising campaigns, all while making sure user experience stays top-notch. We handle half a million queries per second and growing by the month.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for all things scale and establishing technical excellence in the team across the many key aspects of security, operability, observability, debuggability and being able to stay connected with new technology developments in the world that can make systems better on any of these fronts.
- Responsible for design, architecture and delivery for system/product with the highest quality with high-level directions from the product, customers and cross-functional teams.
- Constantly driving innovations in the platform to enable build products/solutions which provide great end Customer Experience.
- Analyze and break-down product solutions into different sub-systems and communicates scope, functional design, interactions, dependencies, risks.
- Collaborates with development teams and help identify and drive building reusable platforms/libraries, using iterative development practices and for broader applicability across product lines.
- Create, develop, and manage the deployment architecture for all owned applications including meeting non-functional goals/SLA.
- Ensure systems implement monitoring, metric dashboards, runbooks, logging, escalations and alerts.
- Driving ongoing improvements and efficiencies in operational practices, tools & processes across InMobi.
- Involved/hands-on in design, code reviews, technical issues.
- Deeply influence the technology competency framework/skillsets, and enable sustainable mechanisms for growth of an individual through the ladder.
- Share technical expertise, achievements among internal/external forums and provide technical guidance/mentoring to team. Be a technology brand ambassador for the company.
What do we expect from you?
- Experience: 18+ years of development experience and 3+ years of tech leadership roles.
- Education: BS in Computer Science, Management and Information Systems, or equivalent
- Clear Thinker: Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions, successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects.
- Tech Expertise: Experience of designing and building large scale, distributed architectures. Strong development experience in one or more OO programming language and at least one Functional/Scripting language.
- Sound Techniques: Experience in building Distributed and Scalable architectures. Expertise in Data Structures, Algorithms, Concurrency and Operability.
- Familiarity with Data Sciences( Machine learning and statistical modelling) and large scale distributed data processing (Hadoop).
- Great Influencer: Tech mentoring, great interpersonal skills, strong written & verbal communication skills, data-driven decisions.
- Domain Knowledge: Experience with mobile or e-commerce domain.
- Experience with any public cloud platform and deep understanding of cloud computing.
Nice to have:
- Experience in internationalization/localization.
- Knowledge of web application security.
- Domain: Online Advertising Industry, Mobile Ecosystem (iOS, Android)
- Tools,& Process: Familiarity with Git, Agile development practices.