Sales Manager, Japan
Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi Group’s mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
What’s the InMobi family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun loving, take ownership and are results focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What do we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for InMobi and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups
The Team : Global Performance Sales
The InMobi Performance Sales team works with performance agencies, app developers and other client direct performance advertisers to achieve campaign ROI targets at scale. We use technology, campaign tracking and optimization to delivery on our client’s user acquisition objectives and our specialist sales team combine exceptional sales execution and negotiation skills, with an excellent understanding of the technological aspects of the mobile advertising ecosystem.
We are focused on winning new business, growing InMobi’s market share, and developing our reputation of being an industry leader in mobile performance advertising.
- Contribute to the strategy and priority setting of the Japan Performance Sales team on a short, mid, and long term basis across Japan.
- Work towards attainable quarterly sales targets and meet or exceed these goals.
- Work on new and existing relationships with mobile media agencies/client directs to convert them into profitable sustainable partnerships.
- Take responsibility for growing the demand business from allocated target verticals of e-commerce and non-gaming clients and applications.
- Communicate and evangelize the benefits of mobile advertising and InMobi in particular to the client. Present the offering via email, phone and in person.
- Liaise with the Sales Director and senior management team to increase and diversify demand (including RTB).
- Work in partnership with dedicated performance account managers to successfully deliver results on client campaign objectives.
- Work cross-functionally across different technology teams to articulate and develop new value propositions that meet evolving advertiser needs.
- Build, track and manage an active sales pipeline to achieve quarterly sales targets and build a broad base of repeat advertisers.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate:
Experience : 3-8 years of experience
Location : Tokyo
Education : BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Functional Area : Sales/ Business Development
- Self-starter willing to take ownership and be accountable whilst participating positively in the team dynamics.
- Proven track record in developing and closing new advertiser relationships through structured approach to winning new business.
- Exceptional communicator with strong attention to detail with outstanding teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think out of the box and plan in a structured manner to deliver on specific quarterly goals.
- Deep network of relationships across the mobile advertising ecosystem preferably with specific knowledge of e-commerce and non-gaming app developers and clients spending to performance ROI targets.
- Experienced working on the nuances of driving mobile commerce transactions.
- Strong analytical skills, with proven ability to share insights that drive results and customer value.
- Creative and analytical thinker; fast learner in a technology environment.
Why Join Us?
You will contribute to creating disruptive and innovative consumer experiences using technology. We value autonomy, collaboration, technical innovation and results-oriented thinking. InMobi’s culture is all about rewarding excellence so there are fantastic opportunities for the right candidates!