Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi Group’s mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
This is a leadership position based out of Bangalore, India. The applicant will be working closely with the product and business leadership in defining the roadmap for OnO (Own and Operated Apps). Once defined, the applicant will be responsible for the planning and timely execution of the roadmap delivering the utmost quality of product and software.
We have a portfolio of Apps that have a scale of 15 m MAU and are poised to touch 50 M MAU by end of the year. We do want our portfolio of Apps & Services to be a lot more diverse than it is today and hence the balancing act of growing existing apps, building and growing new apps is a shared responsibility of this leader and his/ her Business and Product counterparts. This DoE is also expected to work with stakeholders and team members who might be in other Time zones. This does not imply that you are on endless calls. We do only as many meetings as are absolutely necessary.
The applicant would lead teams of developers and will provide them technical guidance in different phases of software development of large-scale software applications. He/She ensures that projects are completed within committed time and budget and are integrated with other software applications. Also, generates applications development policies, standards, and procedures. He/She is also responsible for hiring, termination, performance, and growth of his/her team members.
What will you be doing?
The DoE is expected to operate like a CTO for this division. The buck stops with the DoE as far as all things Engineering are concerned and is a critical partner to Business & Product. The goal is to build a high performance and outcome-driven Engineering team. Since we equate this role to a CTO for a successful, Lean startup team, the DoE is expected to show technical leadership and earn the trust of his engineering team, basis their Technical capabilities. You don’t have to be the smartest cookie in the team, but Business, Product & Engineering stakeholders, should be able to look up to you for building the best Engineering team and Engineering stack, that best serves the needs of the Unit.
- Work with Business and Product teams to arrive at the roadmap for the product.
- Work with the product and engineering team to plan, design and execute on the product technical roadmap.
- Work closely with the Architect and Infrastructure engineering groups while building cloud-native applications.
- Utilize agile development methodology.
- Identify and secure skilled development talent for the application engineering team.
- Coach and mentor individual and professional growth within the application engineering team.
- Be the technical ambassador for O&O apps product unit, within InMobi and in external industry circles.
What do we expect from you?
- Computer Science, a related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- 12-17years related work experience
- 5+ years of software design/application experience on Android.
- 5+ years supervisory or management experience
- Solid client-side and Android experience.
If you have built and shipped world-class apps and are all of the above, this role will be the sweet spot of you operating as an entrepreneur without the risks of entrepreneurship.