Staff Engineering Manager, Customer Data Platform
Who we are and What do we do?
Mobi is the world's leading Marketing Cloud, driving real connections between brands and consumers. We create new paths for brands to understand, identify, engage and acquire consumers by leveraging our exclusive access to mobile intelligence and technology platforms.
As a leading technology company founded in 2007, InMobi has been recognized as a 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 company and as Fast Company's 2018 Most Innovative Companies. For more information, visit inmobi.com.
Driving Real Connections. InMobi helps brands connect with consumers in ways that matter.
InMobi has also regularly featured on world disruptor lists – MIT Technology Review’s 2013 50 Disruptive Companies; Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2016, 2018; CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list of 2018, here InMobi was selected amongst a pool of more than 980 forward-thinking and ambitious private companies across the globe, we now share this space with the likes of SpaceX, Airbnb, Uber and so on.
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting-edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and we are sure to go even higher from here. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What does the team do?
The Customer Data Platform team develops and maintains the platform to manage all kinds of customer data, with capabilities to ingest data in various forms such as batch and streaming, offer high-scale online serving of the order of hundreds of thousands of queries per second, offline store for data processing, enrichment, segmentation, lookalike modelling, export framework, compliance and analytics. It involves a wide set of technologies from big data systems to web-scale serving systems to distributed systems and AI/ML modelling. CDP is integrated with internal systems at InMobi such as Supply Side Platform, Demand Side Platform and Glance and many external partners and data providers and manages their customer data. CDP is a key InMobi offering that aims to provide a single platform to manage all kinds of customer data, not only for AdTech but also for other industries like Retail, FinTech and Healthcare.
Key Aspects of Customer Data Platform (CDP)
(Organize- Integrate- Enrich- Segment - Act on Data- Drive ROI)
Get Your Customer Data in One Place - Use InMobi CDP to organize first-party customer data across multiple digital touchpoints on a single platform. Capture data across customer attributes such as PII, Anonymized data, location, device ID, online visits, transactions.
Create a True Single Customer View - Create a unified view of your customer by consolidating and curating user data. Consolidate customer activity into a single profile as they move along the marketing funnel.
Know More About Every Customer - Combine first-party customer data with second and third-party data to further enrich your understanding of customers. Effectively personalize your marketing communications with these insights.
Build Unique Customer Segments - Combine your data with strategic data sources such as telco data, e-commerce insights or InMobi network data on the platform. Build highly unique and meaningful segments for media buying, audience extension or customer insights.
Activate Marketing Campaigns Seamlessly - Benefit from InMobi's connected platforms across advertising and marketing clouds. Engage with consumers across paid, owned and earned media channels to maximize lifetime value of customers through personalization.
Deliver High Impact Messages Through Prediction - Go beyond rule-based automation and optimization technique. InMobi's prediction algorithms learn from historical engagement patterns and help pick the channel and messaging that will deliver the highest impact and drive ROI
What will you be doing?
- Lead a team of about ten software engineers and be responsible for design, architecture, and delivery of CDP product with the highest quality and with inputs from architects
- Drive innovations in the platform constantly & remain ahead of the curve
- Collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to deliver end-to-end products & features
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Estimate efforts, identify risks, device and meet project schedules
- Run review meetings effectively and drive the closure of all open issues on time
- Provide functional, design, and code reviews in related areas of expertise with-in team and cross-team.
- Mentor/coach engineers to facilitate their development and provide technical leadership to them
- Do performance management and career development for the team
- Rise above details to see broader issues and implications for whole product/team.
What do we expect from you?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute
- 8+ years of strong design and development experience in building large scale distributed internet systems and products.
- Good experience working with big data technologies, services and data stores
- Excellent Java programming skills and expertise in multi-threading and performance-oriented programming.
- Strong computer science fundamentals and problem-solving skills, data structures & algorithm skills
- Superior organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be a proven performer and team player who enjoys challenging assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment
- Provide good attention to details
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of massively scalable distributed systems
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements, scope and priorities
Nice to have skills?
- Experience with online advertising domain
- Experience with high scale systems
- Experience in data science & machine learning
- Prior people management experience