SDE- III, iOS- Glance
Who are we and What do we do?
Glance – An InMobi Group Company:
Glance is an AI-first Screen Zero content discovery platform, and it’s scaled massively in the last few months to one of the largest platforms in India. Glance is a lock-screen first mobile content platform set up within InMobi. The average mobile phone user unlocks her phone >150 times a day. Glance aims to be there, providing visually rich, easy to consume content to entertain and inform mobile users - one unlock at a time. Glance is live on more than 80 millions of mobile phones in India already, and we are only getting started on this journey! We are now into phase 2 of the Glance story - we are going global!
Roposo is part of the Glance family. It is a short video entertainment platform. All the videos created here are user generated (via upload or Roposo creation tools in camera) and there are many communities creating these videos on various themes we call channels. Around 4 million videos are created every month on Roposo and power Roposo channels, some of the channels are - HaHa TV (for comedy videos), News, Beats (for singing/ dance performances) along with a For You (personalized for a user) and Your Feed (for videos of people a user follows).
What’s the Glance family like?
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. Glanciers are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for Glance and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At Glance, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What will you be doing?
- Work on video creation tools with cutting edge frameworks provided by Apple for AR/ VR, metal, AV foundation, etc.
- Constantly iterate to polish the user experience in the app for video viewing.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Collaborate with product team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks in order to maintain code quality.
What do we expect from you?
- Relevant industry experience of 3-plus years.
- Proficient with Objective-C or Swift.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, UIKit, AVFoundation, AVKit etc.
- Experience with offline storage databases, threading, and networking.
- Should be proficient in Xcode instruments for performance tuning and memory management.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to backend services.
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards.
- Understanding of Apple's design principles and interface guidelines.
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Should have experience in writing XCTestCases.
Why Join Us?
You will contribute to creating disruptive and innovative consumer experiences using technology. We value autonomy, collaboration, technical innovation and results-oriented thinking. Glance’s culture is all about rewarding excellence so there are fantastic opportunities for the right candidates!