This position is integral in the day to day responsibilities of Digital Media Ad-Finance Operations, with a high concentration on Cost/ Revenue reporting for all our business segments associated with ad-operations, digital campaigns, & other monetization channels. This role for Asst. Manager Finance is to understand the Digital Media Advertisers & Publishers’ (Supply Side) Business Operations, Analyse the contractual terms to ensure appropriate Revenue & Cost recognition in Finance Books. Work closely with the Business Development & Strategy Team to analyse the deal terms, and validate the rev-share & special deal earnings computation as per the publishers contract. Support MIS team providing the Revenue & Cost numbers break-down into different business channels, regional formats & other business segments. Require Financial accounting & Analytical knowledge to help support internal(InMobi Partner Managers \ regional finance team) & external clients(Publishers\Vendors) by appropriate communications on the Publishers Pay-outs related queries.
Following are the key roles & responsibilities for this requirement:
Publishers(Supply Side Finance) AP Process
- Understand the cost components for different business segments at InMobi. Analyze the contractual terms to ensure appropriate Revenue & Cost recognition in Finance Books. Work closely with the Strategy Team to analyse the deal terms and validate the rev-share & deal earnings computation as per the publisher contracts. Support MIS team providing the Revenue & Cost numbers break-down into different business channels, regional formats & other business segments
- Prepare accurate Publishers(Supply Side) cost & payment reports extracted from InMobi Reporting tools and manually computed special deal contractual earnings. Monthly accounting review and conduct various adhoc analysis on payables.
- Analytical skills should be keen, must organize and analyze large amounts of data.
- Ensuring all our internal reporting are met with audit compliance & operating efficiency. Support statutory audit & their scopes by providing the data supporting & explanations.
- Work closely with the Finance manager \ Partner Managers, Regional finance team. Understand & cater their reporting\data requirement(mainly on ledger reconciliations) on TAT basis.
- Ability to work well in an environment requiring multi-tasking and stringent deadlines.
- Follow-up with the internal clients to gather the cost details\information for monthly accruals & financials.
- Knowledge of inter-company transactions accounting. eg., Cost / Revenue transfer to other InMobi entity through Cross-charges following matching concept.
- Scheduled reconciliation of party(publishers) ledgers to ensure the cost booking, payments & other adjustments are correctly accounted in finance books.
- Help run an efficient Rhythm of Business through weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews of business reports on different operational cost.
- Understand the business process(specifically publishers payment process), & handle the communication in order to provide satisfactory resolutions to the query & ensure to close the loop. Understand & review the queries & provide the response on the dead-line\TAT basis.
- Review party ledgers(publisher accounts) & ensure the issues are resolved with the appropriate reasons & justifications.
- Interpret and address the payment related queries through strong communication.
- Strong business partnering with the partner managers & other internal clients.
- Help finance manager for monthly P&L reviews & help monitor financial efficiencies and targets.
- Validate & Finalize the cost reporting downloaded from InMobi Reporting tools and manually computed special deal contractual earnings.
- Finalize inter-company transactions accounting.
- Interpret and able to communicate business analysis and business information to stakeholders.
GL / Accounting
- Work closely with accounting for journal entry booking.
- Work with business partners for cost accruals, payments, aging of vendor(publishers) invoices etc.
Process Improvement & Partnering
- Identify and initiate process improvements to improve business processes.
- Define performance business metrics & provide insightful analysis of results
- Act as the single point of contact for Business communication & their data needs and also help them understand the resolutions\ supporting data to their queries.
- Analytical skills should be keen, must organize and analyze large amounts of data and Performing Computations for special deal contracts.
- Experience in Accounts Payable process, vendor payments reconciliation, handling vendor queries & communications.
- Business Communication to effectively handle the daily interactions with business stakeholders & external clients.
- Deal with internal & statutory auditors providing them the data & supporting as per the requirement.
- Problem resolving skills with proven ability to form conclusions and develop action plans
- Excellent communication, collaboration and relationship skills, including conflict resolution skills
- Subject matter expertise with Excel & reporting tools are required. Capabilities in handling large data sets in Excel. Application of advanced excel formulas\functions, pivot tables, basic macros to arrange the reports in presentable format.
- Work knowledge in ERP accounting packages (Tally/ SAP). Global TAX & GST knowledge would be added advantage.
- Prior experiences in Ad Tech & IT industry are preferred. Experience in Mobile Ad Tech \ Telecom industry are added advantage
- Proven ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced environment, high-growth, rapidly changing environment.
B. Com with relevant experience of 7+years
Chartered Accountant/MBA with relevant Experience of 3+ years.