Who are we and what do we do?
InMobi Group’s mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
Consistently featured among the “Great Places to Work” in India since 2017, our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
About the role:
You will be part of the Corporate Marketing Team for the InMobi Group across its 3 businesses - InMobi Marketing Cloud, TruFactor and Glance. InMobi Marketing Cloud (www.inmobi.com) is the group’s ad-tech/media business targeting CMOs; TruFactor (trufactor.io) offers Intelligence-as-a-Service for data scientists; and Glance (www.glance.com) is an innovative content platform for consumers.
In your role, you will be working very closely with the global marketing heads and leadership teams, including CEOs, of each of the businesses.
What you will own:
- You will engage with major news organizations (online, print, broadcast) to promote group companies’ leading position in their respective industries through announcements, contributed articles, interviews, participation in industry trend stories, awards submission etc.
- You will manage and work with the PR agency drive PR objectives in North America. You will engage with the global PR and marketing team, the leadership team, and subject matter experts across product, marketing, technology, sales, customer success to uncover stories and proof points for pitching to journalists
- You will develop and manage relationships with journalists in order to secure opportunities to insert InMobi Group companies’ narratives into industry stories
- You will take research and writing on technology generated by InMobi Group companies and turn it into stories and pitches that top journalists covering technology and business will be keen to write about
- You will tap into insights and narratives created by InMobi Group companies to influence media outlets to write about technology developments, and insert executives' perspectives on them
- You will maintain relationships with journalists in order to discover opportunities for inserting InMobi Group’s subject matter experts into stories.
- You will follow through with reporters as they write and edit their stories to answer questions, provide context, and help shape the narrative
- You will track and monitor industry, competition and InMobi Group companies coverage on an ongoing basis, and publish newsletter capturing these coverages
- You will work with journalists to handle PR crisis situations by working with leadership team, spokespersons and legal teams to craft our strategy and response
Who you are:
As the ideal candidate, you are an excellent writer and verbal communicator with a history of creating stories, leveraging media relationships, and delivering a polished pitch. Your knowledge of how newsrooms work and the ability to understand how newsroom decision-makers think will also be advantageous. You should know the workings of technology and be comfortable synthesizing information from in-house research and writing, news coverage, financial reports and presentations from InMobi Group and other tech companies, and industry analyst reports.
- 10 - 12 years work experience in PR.
- BA/BS in communications, journalism or public relations preferred.
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communications and presentation skills with the ability to influence and engage media, executives, and peers.
- A self-reliant problem solver who can work independently and with multiple teams
- Experience driving PR in ad tech and / or data industry is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative team skills
- Familiarity with PR platforms such as Meltwater
InMobi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.