Reimagine your career with InMobi!
InMobi is the most powerful mobile advertising platform. We have redefined advertising in a world of multiple screens and devices. We use data to cut through the clutter of our digital lives to make it more relevant and engaging. From identifying your best customers to developing custom audiences and reaching them on-device, we provide solutions for every touchpoint. We make implementing insights simple.
With offices on five continents, InMobi provides advertisers, publishers and app developers with a global solution for advertising. Currently, we provide over 1 billion mobile users with relevant advertisements and content. We display 8 billion ads on a daily basis, which is more than the overall population of the globe!
What’s the team like?
The InMobi Blink team is a close-knit group that strives to deliver second to none end-user experiences on OEM and TELCO smartphones. The team works as an agile customer-first team to deliver bleeding-edge technology to a global clientele across many markets. The platform is comprised of an industry leading content serving backend, data analytics pipeline, and end-user client application set.
We are seeking an experienced Android developer who is passionate about the mobile experience and have the drive to develop apps that are fun, modern, and intuitive.
This position will focus on creating new apps for Android and enhancing existing apps. You will work with a team of other skilled engineers that develop for Android, iOS, mobile web, and server platforms. Successful candidates will be highly motivated and self-driven. They will also have a strong desire to learn new technologies and be willing to go "all in" to achieve project and company goals.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of Android developers including architectural guidance, mentoring, and code reviews.
- Design, develop, and support of Android applications. Test on the latest Android devices.
- Develop apps according to UI/UX specifications that follow emerging design trends.
- Leverage test automation frameworks to develop unit and integration tests.
- Utilize agile development methodology.
- Work with product team to innovate on new products and services.
- 5+ years of experience with Android application development.
- Proficient with Android SDK and Android Studio.
- Proficient with Java and/or Kotlin programming.
- Familiar with object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Experience working with web services (e.g. REST, JSON, XML).
- Knowledge of Gradle build system.
- Knowledge of continuous integration/deployment practices.
- Familiar with Git source code management in a team environment.
- Experience with MacOS, Linux, or UNIX.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Nice to Have:
- Hybrid app development (e.g. React Native).
- Relational database.
- Agile methodology experience.
- Server-side development skills.
- BS/MS Computer Science, related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Occasional/Planned corporate travel for business meetings, events and customer facilities may be required.
InMobi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.