Who are we and what do we do?
InMobi is a global provider of cloud-based intelligent mobile platforms for enterprise marketers. Everything we do here is centred around putting the user needs first. We do this through a deep understanding of people, which is enabled through our algorithms that respect privacy. Today, some of the world's largest brands, enterprises, agencies, developers and publishers are creating great value by using our platforms to reach exact people they care about. Convert mobile moments into opportunities for growing their business.
Currently, we provide over 1.6 billion mobile users with relevant advertisements that enable meaningful decisions. We display 8 billion of advertisements on a daily basis. That's 1 advertisement for every individual in the world - and we're working on taking this number to more than 1 for every individual that's ever walked the earth!!
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting-edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. From being the leaders in Mobile advertising we have taken on the new journey to be one of the best enterprise platform solutions providers for mobile marketers and we are sure to go even higher from here. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. In the process be you and stand for what you are. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the lives of marketers, our enterprise customers. Modern work environment, flexible schedule and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul – free meals all days of the week, gym or Yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
Designation: Senior Visual Designer – Product Design (UX) Team
Why this is important?
InMobi is building best-in-its-class advertising and marketing platforms that will help enterprise marketers achieve their marketing goals. A typical journey of our enterprise user will involve business processes that span multiple tools and hence the need to seamlessly move users and customer data in and out of different tools. Consequently, keeping the product experience integrated and yet permeable across platforms, becomes paramount.
Our team of experienced UX designers own their respective platforms and work with product, engineering and business stakeholders to craft experiences that impact and delight users globally. Be it solving for seamless onboarding experiences, simple workflows or intuitive interaction paradigms, the product design team always strives to raise the bar with each product.
But a great product experience is incomplete without an equally stunning visual experience ☹
Enter, the visual designer aka, YOU.
What will you be doing?
- Maintain balance and harmony, and improve legibility of data presented in various forms
- Visualise data into effective charts, diagrams or infographics suitable for consumption on digital platforms
- Demonstrate a good sense of aesthetics
- Understand design trends and apply them to create a design system comprising colour palette, style sheet, information hierarchy, visual order, etc. This is to ensure effective communication without overwhelming the user
- Set the stage for motion design, iconography and spot illustrations
- Lock designer bias in a box for creating unrelated directions which address the end goals
- Harness your experience in UI design for understanding interaction design paradigms like state changes, micro interactions, product emotion, etc, and add value to these aspects through design skills
- Champion the right things while being collaborative. Strong teams are built on different perspectives.
- Show an eye for quality by evaluating implemented designs for defects and suggesting remedies
- Understand Typography. You should be able to choose fonts for numeric vs alphanumeric data, body vs buttons and product UI vs banners
- Understand how CSS works across a product and its implication in white-labelled products. This is to ensure robust UI implementation while keeping it flexible for iterations.
What else do we expect from you?
- Rather than getting bogged down by pixel perfection or aesthetics, you will make sure no element in the product is either hidden or overly celebrated and it is given the right emphasis it deserves.
- Inspire the fellow junior visual designers and illustrators in the team, and help them grow.
- We do believe your work talks for itself. However, it is imperative that you add value to it by presenting it to a larger audience.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to ensure you establish a shared understanding of your approach with your stakeholders.
- Experience in years is just a number. What matters is the number of product experiences you had successfully shipped in your professional life and the impact you were able to create so far.