Role : Associate Editor (Hindi).
Who we are and What we do?
InMobi is not just another mobile advertising company. We are a technology powerhouse. We are leading the industry by building a superior mobile ecosystem. We build mobile-first customer engagement platforms that transform the economics of influencing global consumers. Our focus on understanding consumer behaviour and using big-data to predict their actions enables us to offer unique mobile advertising solutions.
Today, the world's largest brands, agencies, developers and publishers are creating immediate business value by using our platforms to deliver compelling value propositions to their target consumers. We have award-winning creative teams, innovative solutions and products, combined with big data analytic capabilities that process 100s of terabytes of data daily to enable our customers make real-time decisions and gain the most value from their investment.
Our people philosophy is based on development and growth. We believe in hiring exceptionally smart people, setting them up to crazy challenges, giving them freedom to experiment, learn and grow, and celebrate their success. We do things a bit differently at InMobi. We don’t have performance appraisals, we have development conversations. We don’t assign ratings and performance bonuses, we give opportunities and ask about aspirations. And when it comes to looking after our people, we go all out..Our people are special and we make them feel it!
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and to go even higher from here. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that. Food for your soul – free catered meals all days of the work week, gym and yoga classes to refresh your mind and body, socialize with colleagues and industry partners during bi-weekly social hours.
Glance at Inmobi:
Glance is a lock-screen first mobile content content platform set up within InMobi. The average mobile phone user unlocks her phone >150 times a day. Glance aims to be there, providing visually rich, easy to consume content to entertain and inform mobile users - one unlock at a time. Glance is live on millions of mobile phones in India already, and we are only getting started on this journey! We are now into phase 2 of the Glance story - we are going global!
Glance is looking to bring on-board an Associate Editor who can lead our Hindi operations in curating quality content and publishing it across our multi-million user devices. You will be working alongside a world-class team in surveying, curating, editing and publishing content that will sit alongside InMobi’s customized content for millions of users across the Indian demographic.
- Survey an ever-growing list of sites using your own judgement and other software to select deeply compelling content that has the potential of high impact
- Filter your search to retain key feature stories that are extremely interesting and high-reach
- Rework the stories and create fascinating short headlines, summaries and catchy, tasteful captions that will increase reader interest.
- Suggest story ideas that are theme relevant and curate content that will cater to this need
- Be in charge of ensuring defect-free curation, writing, proofing at publishing by your team
- Publish the content and oversee the publishing schedules to maintain regularity
- Regularly analyse daily content performance reports and provide recommendations to improve the operation
- Work alongside senior editorial resources to ideate and develop newer content models
- Maintain records of daily operations and manage team schedules of team members
- Have an eye firmly into the future, evaluating new short-form content opportunities for Glance to explore
- Mentor and inspire a team of editors, who will look up to you for leadership, guidance and clarity of thought
- Coordinate with your counterparts in the design team to enable high quality, predictable Glance output
- Handle multiple content assignments and have deliverables to several content heads for various requirements
- An experienced Hindi journalist with atleast 5 years of Hindi media experience
- A content and internet junkie with a fascination for content, predominantly news, across a wide spectrum of subjects
- Amenable to stretching to 120% for sustained periods of time, and working in various shifts
- Outstanding in your ability to use language and grammar
- Deeply aware of various content apps and social media platforms
- Have knowledge of news sources are understand their individual characteristics
- Well adept at content research and understand the process of content verification
- Aware of the importance of deadlines and see a need to adhere and beat them
- Passionate about working in a fast paced environment, and thrive in maintaining high spirits and over-delivering, even under sustained pressure
- A fantastic team-player with exceptional interpersonal skills, who understands that a team can only win as one.