Directs multiple teams of developers involved in the analysis, design, development and implementation of large-scale software applications. Ensures projects are completed within committed time and budget and are integrated with other software applications. Generates applications development policies, standards and procedures. Manages a group of application development teams. Manages the activities of individual contributors or supervisors in a section or department with accountability for goals, objectives, operational policies. May participate in the development of functional strategy. Has responsibility for hiring, termination, performance and salary recommendations.
This Manager of Architecture and Development position is accountable for the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation for various software applications and workflows. The ideal candidate should have previous experience managing different types of web based software applications. This candidate should be very comfortable operating within the agile enterprise software development lifecycle. This candidate must be able to think on his/her feet and lead others in rapid, thorough problem solving. Excellent written and oral communication is required. This position is located in downtown Kansas City, MO.
This position manages the team of frontend and backend software engineers responsible for the architecture, development and operation of TruFactor’s web based products and API platforms. Qualified applicants will have experience with modern day frontend frameworks and libraries (e.g. Vue.js, React.js), experience leveraging the node.js runtime to build scalable and highly efficient server APIs, as well as a rich and accomplished history of distributed application and product design in the telecommunications space.
- BS Computer Science, a related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- 8 years related work experience or twelve years related work experience post high school
- 5 years software design/application experience
- 3 years system design/development experience
- 3 years supervisory or management experience
- Work with product team to plan, design, execute and operationally support web based product applications
- Work with engineering team to plan and execute on product technical roadmap
- Work with data scientists and business analytics specialists to support speculative product development and build data stores to properly support product applications
- Work with different types of data stores (e.g. RDBMS, NoSQL) to support application development requirements
- Utilize agile development methodology
- Identify and secure skilled development talent for the application engineering team
- Coach and mentor individual and professional growth within the application engineering team
Additional Guiding Qualifications
- 5+ years' experience with Web development technologies.
- 5+ years' experience with web services (e.g. REST, JSON, XML).
- Experience with Node.js
- Understanding the current ECMAScript version both in the browser and on node
- Current state of CSS and HTML
- Experience working with and developing Microservices
- Experience with development lifecycle including branching strategies and code reviews
- Experience with the build process for web technologies (e.g. Webpack, Babel, & NPM Scripts)
- Experience with CSS and HTML preprocessors (e.g. Pug, HAML, Stylus, SASS)
- Familiar with object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Experience with cloud services e.g. AWS
- Experience with MacOS, Linux/UNIX, Python & bash
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Wired and mobile advertising industry experience
- Source code control (e.g., SVN or GIT)
- NoSQL Experience (e.g. Cassandra; MongoDB)
- Relational database, DBA experience - SQL Database; Data manipulation
- Agile experience such as the Scrum methodology
InMobi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.