Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi Group’s mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
What’s the InMobi family like?
Our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results-focused. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion.
What do we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission-critical for InMobi and will be critical for optimizing tech operations, working with highly capable and ambitious peer groups. At InMobi, you get food for your body, soul, and mind with daily meals, gym, and yoga classes, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
This is a leadership position based out of Downtown Kansas City MO. The applicant will be working closely with the product and business leadership in defining the roadmap for the Blink (On Device Monetization) and OnO (Own and Operated Apps). Once defined, the applicant will be responsible for the planning and timely execution of the roadmap delivering the utmost quality of product and software.
The applicant would lead multiple teams of developers based out of different locations (in India and the US) and will provide them technical guidance in different phases of software development of large scale software applications. He/She ensures that projects are completed within committed time and budget and are integrated with other software applications. Also, generates applications development policies, standards, and procedures. He/She is also responsible for hiring, termination, performance, and growth of his/her team members.
The ideal candidate should have previous experience in leading teams who worked on different types of software application development. This candidate should be very comfortable operating within the agile enterprise software development lifecycle. This candidate must be able to think on his/her feet and lead others in rapid, thorough problem-solving. Excellent written and oral communication is required.
Qualified applicants will have experience with modern-day horizontally scalable architectures and data processing systems such as cloud-driven APIs, relational and non-relational high-speed data access, and batch data analytics to build scalable and highly efficient distributed applications.
- BS Computer Science, a related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- 14+ years related work experience
- 5-7 years software design/application experience
- 2-4 years system design/development experience
- 3-5 years supervisory or management experience
- Work with Business and Product teams to arrive at the roadmap for the product.
- Work with the product and engineering team to plan, design and execute on the product technical roadmap.
- Work closely with the Architect and Infrastructure engineering groups while building cloud native applications.
- Utilize agile development methodology
- Identify and secure skilled development talent for the application engineering team
- Coach and mentor individual and professional growth within the application engineering team
- Service Platforms such as J2EE, Spring Boot, NodeJS, Ruby on Rails
- RDBMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle, etc
- NoSQL such as Cassandra, Mongo, Dynamo, or Cosmos
- Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google
- Docker and Container and Orchestration such as Kubernetes (EKS/AKS), DC/OS, ECS
- Cloud VM offerings such as EC2 or VMSS
- Serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda or Azure Functions
- Source code control (e.g., SVN or GIT)
- Agile experience such as the Scrum methodology
- Experience with one of Tomcat, JBoss, or Wildfly
Additional Guiding Qualifications
- 5+ years' experience with Web development technologies.
- 5+ years' experience with web services (e.g. REST, JSON, XML).
- Familiarity with Node.js
- Understanding the current ECMAScript version both in the browser and on node
- The current state of CSS and HTML
- Experience working with and developing Microservices
- Experience with development lifecycle including branching strategies and code reviews
- Experience with the build process for web technologies (e.g. Webpack, Babel, & NPM Scripts)
- Familiar with object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Experience with macOS, Linux/UNIX, Python & bash
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Wired and mobile advertising industry experience.