Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi Group’s mission is to power intelligent, mobile-first experiences for enterprises and consumers. Its businesses across advertising, marketing, data and content platforms are shaping consumer experience in a world of connected devices. InMobi Group has been recognized on both the 2018 and 2019 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in building technology platforms that help businesses drive real connections with their consumers. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What do we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and our products. The work that you shall do will be mission critical for InMobi and will be critical for optimizing tech operations.
InMobi’s culture is centered around: Thinking big, being passionate, accountable and taking ownership with the freedom to make a difference in a flat organization. You will work with very capable and ambitious peer groups, who will welcome you with an open heart and will go the extra mile to make you successful. We believe that learning is a lifelong commitment so we invest significantly in your development using internal and external resources. We also provide a strong career path that can help you grow either in the same or different functions using the InMobi Live your Potential program. Food for your body, soul and mind with daily meals, gym and yoga classes to center your mind and body, cutting-edge training and tools, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work
What is team like:
Site Reliability Engineer (a.k.a., SREs) at InMobi thrive on the mission-critical nature of our complex mobile advertising systems as well as the challenge that comes along with ensuring their reliable operation. They have to utilize their rare combination of deep UNIX systems experience, networking knowledge, troubleshooting abilities, and automation/coding skills to design, deploy, monitor, manage and operate all aspects of InMobi's revenue-critical mobile advertising platforms and underlying production systems and network.
What you will be doing?
- Own responsibility for large scale/scope services/components that comprise our production infrastructure and systems
- Invent better ways to manage/automate the administration of new and existing systems across various properties at InMobi via scripting and tools development.
- Consider, benchmark, propose, and implement new methods for production software deployment, monitoring and management.Collaborate with cross-functional organizations (engineering, QA, site operations, and security) on new product/feature design and/or diagnosis of problems with production systems.
- Perform expert level debugging/troubleshooting/problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Monitor system health and performance.
- Participate in capacity planning and provisioning of new resources.
- Document processes, systems, and their associated configurations.
- Lead post mortem (RCA) process for incidents/outages and feed learning back into systems and services.
- Engage in proactive communication and reporting.
- Implement and adhere to security policies and processes/controls.
- Should be ready to support 24x7 on rotation basis, active participation in war rooms on an as-needed basis and ability to drive root cause analysis (RCA) of failures.
What is expected out of you/What do we require from you:
- Educational Qualification: BE / B Tech in Computer Science or MCA from a premier institute.
- Build and maintain software modules for use and re-use in cloud systems automation
- Excellent programming (Python preferred) and automation skills
- String troubleshooting and system engineering exposure in UNIX/Linux environments. Good experience with Linux, Networking Protocols (specifically Internet protocols), and Large-Scale Operations
- Sound knowledge of cloud technologies such as Azure (preferred) and AWS
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker
- Experience with Monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Graphite
- Performance evaluation and tuning of systems/applications
- Experience in handling and operating large scale deployments of systems
- Proven ability to architect and build high volume, mission-critical cloud native applications
- Excellent communication skills
Good to have
- Experience with clusters such as Kubernetes, AKS, and/or Mesos
Why Join Us?
You will contribute to creating disruptive and innovative consumer experiences using technology. We value autonomy, collaboration, technical innovation and results-oriented thinking. InMobi’s culture is all about rewarding excellence so there are fantastic opportunities for the right candidates!