Who are we and What do we do?
InMobi is a global provider of enterprise platform for marketers. Our platforms help Marketers reach nearly 1.56 billion unique users through mobile to help them engage, acquire, re-engage, re-market and retain valuable users. InMobi is also India’s first unicorn and one of the only profitable global tech-product companies to emerge out of India.
At 20+ offices across the globe, InMobi employs over 1000 personnel constituting 25 nationalities. Acclaimed for its culture, InMobi has consecutively featured on the Great Places to Work (GPTW) list, with a consistent hold in the Top 50 position for the past two years. Moreover, these accolades are not just restricted to India, InMobi has also secured a ranking on the GPTW’s 2017 China List, a notable feat for an Indian startup.
InMobi has also regularly featured on world disruptor lists – MIT Technology Review’s 2013 50 Disruptive Companies; Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2016, 2018; CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list of 2018, here InMobi was selected amongst a pool of more than 980 forward-thinking and ambitiou private companies across the globe, we now share this space with the likes of SpaceX, Airbnb, Uber and so on.
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and are on an accelerated path of being a leader in enterprise software for marketers. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer you an opportunity to work on building enterprise platforms that require you to acquire, hone and demonstrate your engineering skills in designing and solving for complex problems, thereby creating software that creates value for our customers in a very reliable, scalable, secure and AI-first manner. At InMobi, you get to work on cutting-edge technologies, work closely with business teams and grow as an overall technology leader.
Modern work environment, flexible schedule and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul – free meals all days of the week, gym or Yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What is the team like?
Glance at InMobi:
Glance is a lock-screen first mobile content platform set up within InMobi. The average mobile phone user unlocks the phone >120 times a day. Glance aims to be there, providing visually rich, easy to consume content to entertain and inform mobile users - one unlock at a time. Glance is live on millions of mobile phones already, and we are only getting started on this journey!
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for feature delivery or component/product with Top quality and with minimum defects.
- Adhering to best coding practises and develop simple, modular reusable code
- Manage and enhance large scale data pipelines
- Debugging/Troubleshooting and fixing issues in production environment by working with all stakeholders.
- Collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to deliver end-to-end products & features
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements
- Identify risks, devises and meets project schedules
- Provide functional, design, and code reviews in related areas of expertise with-in team and cross-team.
- Rise above detail to see broader issues and implications for whole product/team.
What do we expect from you?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from a premier institute
- 3-6 years of strong product development experience in building large scale distributed internet systems and products
- Excellent Java programming and debugging skills
- Strong computer fundamentals and problem solving skills
- Experience and knowledge of open source software, frameworks and broader cutting edge technologies around server side development in Java and Big Data
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a proven performer and a team player that enjoys challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment
- Provide good attention to details
- Must be excited by challenges surrounding the development of highly scalable & distributed system for building audience targeting capabilities
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities
Nice to have skills
- Experience working in consumer apps
- Experience in managing and enhancing large scale data pipelines
- Experience of working on massively large scale data systems in production environments
- Experience of building and managing large scale data pipelines
- Experience of working on Business Intelligence, Reporting and Data Warehousing domain/products