Lead Visual Designer
Who are we and what do we do?
InMobi is a global provider of cloud-based intelligent mobile platforms for enterprise marketers. Everything we do here is centred around putting the user needs first. We do this through a deep understanding of people, which is enabled through our algorithms that respect privacy. Today, some of the world's largest brands, enterprises, agencies, developers and publishers are creating great value by using our platforms to reach exact people they care about. Convert mobile moments into opportunities for growing their business.
Currently, we provide over 1.6 billion mobile users with relevant advertisements that enable meaningful decisions. We display 8 billion of advertisements on a daily basis. That's 1 advertisement for every individual in the world - And we're working on taking this number to more than 1 for every individual that's ever walked the earth!!
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting-edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. From being the leaders in Mobile advertising we have taken on the new journey to be one of the best enterprise platform solutions providers for mobile marketers and we are sure to go even higher from here. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. In the process be you and stand for what you are. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the lives of marketers, our enterprise customer. Modern work environment, flexible schedule and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul – free meals all days of the week, gym or Yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
Designation: Lead Visual Designer – Product Design (UX) Team
What will you be doing?
InMobi is building best-in-its-class advertising and marketing platforms that will help enterprise marketers achieve their marketing goals. A typical journey of our enterprise user will involve business processes that span multiple tools and hence the need to seamlessly move users and customer data in and out of different tools. Consequently, keeping the product experience integrated and yet permeable across platforms, becomes paramount.
Our team of experienced UX designers own their respective platforms and work with product, engineering and business stakeholders to craft experiences that delight and impact users globally. Be it solving for seamless onboarding experience, simple workflows or novel yet intuitive interaction paradigms, the product design team always strive to keep the bar higher.
Determined to build great product experiences, all the work thus produced by the UX designers will be incomplete if it isn’t blended with an equally stunning visual experience.
Your role will be to:
- Conceptualise, define and drive the vision for adopting the world’s best visual experiences into InMobi products. We are looking for a heady cocktail of creative & strategic thinking.
- Translate that vision into its finest tangible form, i.e., to build a system of flexible components to be used across varied product experiences, that stays unique to “The InMobi Design Language”
- Work with product designers for understanding the requirements and documenting the context and constraints of the design components.
- Create the visual design components with utmost care and finesse as they form the foundation for various product experiences.
- Define and own the process to the extent of evangelising it across the organization, with zero ambiguity.
- Work with the UI developers in transforming the design components into reusable and ready-to-use code.
- Work with individual product designers for their respective product lines and establish visual experiences of the highest standards in line with the design system guidelines. These experiences include complex data-rich dashboards, card-based discovery platforms, multi-step creation workflows and visually rich reporting interfaces. We have a vast variety of opportunities for your creativity to have a field day.
- With your deeper knowledge in image compression and optimization techniques, you will define appropriate design handoff processes that ensure zero loss of quality in the final rendered product.
- Inspire the team with greatness in visual experience and find ways to showcase it in the external forums.
What do we expect from you?
- A mentality to operate as a design founder of a given product, owning the responsibility on all aspects of visual experience.
- Simply delivering is not to be called as done, while delighting with your output can be called as a decent attempt. But what is really expected of you is to “Make the user say wow”.
- Being honest and having the courage at all times to say what you truly think, how much ever it is different. Strong teams are built on different perspectives.
- Rather than getting bogged down by pixel perfection or aesthetics, you will make sure no element in the product is either hidden or overly celebrated and it is given the right emphasis it deserves.
- Tackling with ease the different aspects of visual design: Typography, iconography, illustration, motion design and prototyping. We expect you to excel in minimum of three areas from this list.
- Inspire the fellow junior visual designers and illustrators in the team, and help them grow.
- We don’t expect just your work to do the talking. It should but once it’s done we look forward to you adding more to it by presenting it to a larger audience, (could be in a conference ;-)
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills to ensure you establish a shared understanding of your approach with your stakeholders.
- Enjoy a fast-paced high-energy environment, where only thing constant is change.
- Experience in years is just a number. What matters is the number of product experiences you had successfully shipped in your professional life and the impact you were able to create so far