Technical Lead, Production & Infrastructure Engineering (PIE)
Who are we and What do we do?
We help advertisers reach and engage with their target audience globally. We do this through a deep understanding of people, which is enabled through our algorithms that respect privacy. Today, some of the world's largest brands, agencies, developers and publishers are creating great value by using our platforms to deliver compelling proposition to their target consumers.
Currently, we provide over 1 billion mobile users with relevant advertisements that enable meaningful decisions. We display 8 billion advertisements on a daily basis. That's 1 advertisement for every individual in the world - And we're working on taking this number to more than 1 for every individual that's ever walked the earth!
What’s the InMobi family like?
We are an infectious bunch. Be it the way we rise up to challenges, the cutting edge products we create, the dreams we chase or the fun we have at work. We are sure that if you meet us, you will be infected too. Today, we are proud to be the leaders in Mobile advertising and we are sure to go even higher from here. We invite you to free yourself, dream big and chase your passion. We are here today because a few of us did just that.
What can we promise?
We offer an opportunity to have immediate impact with the company and our products. Modern work environment, flexible schedule and smart, creative, down-to-earth people. Internal opportunities to move roles and try out bridge assignments with different teams. Food for your soul – free meals all days of the week, gym or yoga class to flex those biceps, cocktails at drink cart Thursdays and fun at work on Funky Fridays. We even promise to let you bring your kids and pets to work.
What Does the team look like ?
Production Engineers (a.k.a., SREs) at InMobi thrive on the mission-critical nature of our complex mobile advertising systems as well as the challenge that comes along with ensuring their reliable operation. They have to utilize their rare combination of deep UNIX systems experience, networking knowledge, troubleshooting abilities, and automation/coding skills to design, deploy, monitor, manage and operate all aspects of InMobi's revenue-critical mobile advertising platforms and underlying production systems and network.
What you would be doing?
- Own responsibility for large scale/scope services/components that comprise our production infrastructure and systems.
- Invent better ways to manage/automate the administration of new and existing systems across various properties at InMobi via scripting and tools development.
- Consider, benchmark, propose, and implement new methods for production software deployment, monitoring and management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional organizations (engineering, QA, site operations, and security) on new product/feature design and/or diagnosis of problems with production systems.
- Perform expert level debugging/troubleshooting/problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Monitor system health and performance.
- Participate in capacity planning and provisioning of new resources.
- Document processes, systems, and their associated configurations.
- Lead post mortem (RCA) process for incidents/outages and feed learning back into systems and services.
- Engage in proactive communication and reporting.
- Implement and adhere to security policies and processes/controls.
- Provide mentorship and coaching for junior members of the team.
- Own and deliver the implementation of new methods for systems deployment, monitoring and management via tools and automation.
- Should be ready to support 24x7 on rotation basis, active participation in war rooms on an as-needed basis and ability to drive root cause analysis (RCA) of failures.
What is expected out of you ?
- Educational Qualification: BE / B Tech in Computer Science or MCA from a premier institute.
- Strong on coding/scripting (preferably in Python)
- Advanced systems and networking knowledge
- IP routing (NAT/PAT), Firewall, TCP connection establishment/teardown
- HTTP, SSL/TLS, DNS, GSLB traffic routing
- Knowledge of UNIX internals (processes, memory management, scheduling, signal handling, filesystems, /proc interfaces).
- Understand HA and redundancy concepts.
- Understand caching proxies, reverse proxies, web server operation.
- Performance evaluation and tuning of systems/applications.
- Advanced troubleshooting and debugging skills on complex systems.
- Exposure to configuration management tools.
- Experience in handling and operating large scale deployments of systems.
- Architect systems, infrastructure and platforms using Linux and any cloud (good to have worked on Azure)
- Good communication skills.